Best Western Premier Tuushin Hotel
Orbitz.com
Springs Hotel(Ulaanbaatar)
Puma Imperial(Ulaanbaatar)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe main squaretop floorfresh fruitthe heart of the citycorner roomlounge barrooms are largebusiness triphotel is centrally locatedinternational standardschinggis khan squarebreakfast spreadroom service isexcellent locationcomfortable bedsthe air conditioningcoffee shop
Reviewed July 26, 2015

We stayed in the hotel three separate times while passing through UB. We found the overall experience to be excellent.

The location is just a half a block from the main square but on a fairly quiet street, so noise was not a factor except for the one night at the end of Naadam when a huge outdoor performance was going on in the square and we could hear it quite clearly in our room which faced the square. We were able to walk to just about all the interesting sites given the central location. Each room has a private, separate router so the wifi is great.

The rooms were spacious and quite modern, especially for Mongolia. The bathroom was roomy and modern, as well, and the shower had great water pressure. The lobby area is not glamorous and a little dark but quite functional and given that most of our time at the hotel was spent in our room, this was not a concern.

The staff was very helpful and accommodating and spoke English quite well. We used the luggage storage area (no charge) to store bags and articles that we did not need for particular trips to other parts of the country. This is quite helpful, since the domestic flights have very small baggage allowances.

The buffet breakfast was of very high quality with enough variety that we easily ate a substantial breakfast every day. The bar on the top floor has a great view and is a nice place to unwind at the end of the day. The only downside is the quality of the food in the restaurants (other than the buffet breakfast) is uneven. You are better served to eat lunch and dinner at other restaurants within walking distance. Based on recommendations from expats we met, we found Veranda, Rosewood Kitchen + Enoteca, and Millies (for coffee and iced tea) to be excellent. Veranda also has a very nice outdoor seating area overlooking the Choijin Lama temple grounds.

Overall, an excellent choice and good value.

Room Tip: All seem to be quiet. The square view rooms aren't worth the extra money as the room itself is exactly the same as the lower priced ones.
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ruby84
Reviewed July 20, 2015

I recently stayed at this hotel on two seperate occasions. The location is very good and near the main square. The rooms were well appointmented and a good size and included Internet. The bar at the top of the top of the hotel offers stunning views over the city and there was live entertainment when I was there. I found this hotel to be modern and attractive with helpful staff.

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank Margaret S
Reviewed July 19, 2015

The room is modern with new furniture and spacious. Bathroom comes with a window. If you need privacy, you can draw the blind down. Good LCD TV that comes with many global channels. I love it during my 6-night stay. One area of improvement would be to vary the breakfast everyday. The breakfast is the same everyday. I would choose this hotel again if I'm coming back. Location is quite near the State Department Store and The Square.

Room Tip: View of the square comes with an extra price.
  • Stayed: June 2015, traveled on business
2  Thank yaisme
Reviewed July 14, 2015

First time in Mongolia - it was Naadam in the country - and UB was very busy. The hotel is in the heart of the city - with the main square, several museums just down the street. Rooms were well equipped, nice bathrooms (although the tub/shower is VERY high off the floor and really needs at least one grab bar!). AC worked perfect, beds comfortable. Laundry service quick and reasonable. Front desk helpful. Dining room (breakfast) - good choices. English is spoken by very few - it's ok.

Room Tip: High Floor Plaza View if possible
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 13, 2015 via mobile

I wasn't really confident going in, but I couldn't stay at the Kempinski (again). Thank goodness!

This hotel is great. It is well situated, the rooms are very good and the staff are fantastic.

I stayed in a basic room and there was an event going on in the Sukhbaatar Square at night. It was loud and even on the 12th floor, I was kept awake. I don't know if the 20th was any better. But I think that is my problem, I could have joined the open event.

The spa was quite basic but the massage was really, really good.

The bar on the top floor has nice views and is very easy to relax in, I got late supper there and no complaints about the food. In fact it was better than the grill restaurant which was a tad disappointing - an area where they could improve.

All in all, I'd happily stay here again and I am pretty sure it is the best hotel in UB.

Stayed: July 2015, traveled solo