Best Western Premier Tuushin Hotel
Hostelworld.com
$465
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe main squaretop floorfresh fruitthe heart of the citycorner roomlounge barrooms are largebusiness triphotel is centrally locatedinternational standardschinggis khan squarebreakfast spreadroom service isexcellent locationcomfortable bedsthe air conditioningcoffee shop
Reviewed July 19, 2015

The room is modern with new furniture and spacious. Bathroom comes with a window. If you need privacy, you can draw the blind down. Good LCD TV that comes with many global channels. I love it during my 6-night stay. One area of improvement would be to vary the breakfast everyday. The breakfast is the same everyday. I would choose this hotel again if I'm coming back. Location is quite near the State Department Store and The Square.

Room Tip: View of the square comes with an extra price.
  • Stayed: June 2015, traveled on business
2  Thank yaisme
Reviewed July 14, 2015

First time in Mongolia - it was Naadam in the country - and UB was very busy. The hotel is in the heart of the city - with the main square, several museums just down the street. Rooms were well equipped, nice bathrooms (although the tub/shower is VERY high off the floor and really needs at least one grab bar!). AC worked perfect, beds comfortable. Laundry service quick and reasonable. Front desk helpful. Dining room (breakfast) - good choices. English is spoken by very few - it's ok.

Room Tip: High Floor Plaza View if possible
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 13, 2015 via mobile

I wasn't really confident going in, but I couldn't stay at the Kempinski (again). Thank goodness!

This hotel is great. It is well situated, the rooms are very good and the staff are fantastic.

I stayed in a basic room and there was an event going on in the Sukhbaatar Square at night. It was loud and even on the 12th floor, I was kept awake. I don't know if the 20th was any better. But I think that is my problem, I could have joined the open event.

The spa was quite basic but the massage was really, really good.

The bar on the top floor has nice views and is very easy to relax in, I got late supper there and no complaints about the food. In fact it was better than the grill restaurant which was a tad disappointing - an area where they could improve.

All in all, I'd happily stay here again and I am pretty sure it is the best hotel in UB.

Stayed: July 2015, traveled solo
3  Thank Alpha_Explorer
Reviewed July 12, 2015 via mobile

The hotel is quite pricey, but if you book through booking.com there's an amazing discount.

After travelling from Ulgi, sleeping in a tent for 10 days, we wanted a nice relaxing bed, and this place does not failed us.

Rooms are very cleaned, shower is amazing :)

Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maisky
Reviewed July 12, 2015 via mobile

One might argue that the poor service is because practically no one but maybe a handful of best western staff speak English. Trying to communicate, even for a traveller seasoned with hand gestures galore, is futile. But there are other areas where service was poor.

Over my 6 day stay, I asked every other day for the heat in my room to be reduced from a toasty 28 degrees. Each time the receptionist said "yes yes" but no change. I was pretty much sleeping in a sweat lodge.

The rooms are non smoking but mine reeked of smoke. And there was no minibar/fridge in my room. Then the housekeeping staff didn't replace the washcloths or the shower caps I needed to freshen up. I had to improvise.

Then the safe was not working so I had to requested twice for the staff to fix it. It was never done.

The breakfast staff, because they don't understand English, had a difficult time understanding 'over easy' or 'over medium'. Best to just let it go.

Other than that the location is great - walking distance to most downtown attractions and shopping. The breakfast and food is also delicious, and bar upstairs doesn't skimp on the alcohol in the cocktails. Plus the view from the 25th floor down to the square and around the city is great. They also have a nice art gallery on the premises.

One thing to note. I asked for a checkout at 4pm and they told me between 3-6 they would charge me 50% of the room rate. By 3 they would charge me 30% of the room rate. However I later on found out that if I check out by 2 there would be no charge. Why they were not upfront about this the first time they were detailing the charges, I don't know.

I would not mind staying here again but may consider another hotel first before I agree to it.

Stayed: July 2015, traveled on business