“Too expensive for nothing special”

Blue Sky Hotel & Tower
Ranked #7 of 59 Hotels in Ulaanbaatar
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip it was just across the street from my business meetings. Location is good. Just not worth close to $250 a night. There are other hotel cheaper for same quality. Ramada and Best Western. Breakfast was included but very poor. Chef was never there and always asking for a coffee.

Room Tip: Save some money and look for ore hotels.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Patrick P, General Manager at Blue Sky Hotel & Tower, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your information regarding your stay with us.
We take all of our guest feedback seriously and your review has been shared with our Management team.
So that we may be able to take the necessary actions for improvement.
Once again thank you for sharing your feedback with us as this helps us assess our service.
We look forward to welcome you back in the future.

Sincerely yours

There are newer reviews for Blue Sky Hotel & Tower

Reviewed December 25, 2013

+ well located. nice rooms

- terrible room service. the staff feels that they are in the best hotel working, and don't care of customers
-food. restaurants on 3rd floor work until 10 p.m.! top floor restaurant is terrific. no good food. waiters do not understand English, worst service ive ever seen

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank beldiamantemokka
Patrick P, General Manager at Blue Sky Hotel & Tower, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Guest

First of all we sincerely apologize that our service was not satisfied with you.
So that we may be able to take the necessary actions for improvement.
We look forward to welcome you back in the future.

Sincerely yours

The Blue Sky Hotel & Tower

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I recently stayed here for a few days as I was visiting friends in UB. I had wanted to use this hotel so much because it is a spectacular building with amazing views of the city. When I booked I requested a room as high us as possible. I was given a room on the 10th floor. However when the best things about a hotel is the view out of the window I think there is a problem

The staff were okay, but need so much training and I think need to understand they are in the hospitality business. The food, mainly breakfast, is okay, but nothing special. The internet is average and that was a disappointment in such a modern business. The room was clean, but it looked like people did not really care too much. Little things were not right.

I would not stay here again, even if it did the job I needed it for. I am sure there must be friendlier places to stay.

Room Tip: Stay as high as you can, the views are amazing
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Patrick P, General Manager at Blue Sky Hotel & Tower, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Blue Sky Hotel.
As well as, thank you for spending your valuable time to share recent detail.
Also we really sorry for inconvenience situation during your stay.
We are sure that the travelers of TripAdvisor will find your feedback very useful and we thank you very much for providing it.
We will try our best to provide good service for our guest.
Finally we will looking forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to our Blue Sky Hotel.

Best regard,

The Blue Sky Hotel & Tower

Reviewed December 12, 2013

The Blue Sky is one of the few 5* hotels downtown, which makes it a great location for business and pleasure. Most of the other big name hotel are on the out skirts of the city, which whilst great for the mountain views - terrible for getting any where in the traffic. It easily can take up to an hour to get into town. With the Blue Sky being so central, everything is either an easy walk or a short taxi ride.

The hotel itself is nice enough, with well presented rooms and reasonable amenities. The restaurants and bar and good, if not exciting and the breakfast is more than acceptable. There are plenty of good bars and restaurants locally - all within easy walking distance. The staff are friendly and helpful - I suspect it is just a matter of who you get on any given day. Several of my colleagues have stayed at other hotels and rate this one of the best all round hotels for its price.

So whilst the hotel may not set the world on fire, it is ideal for a business trip or starting point for traveling.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floors, preferably a corner room (much bigger).
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Patrick P, General Manager at Blue Sky Hotel & Tower, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Thank you for your positive feedback on Tripadvisor.
We are very very pleased to know that your experience with us exceeded your expectations and that the services made your experience even more memorable.
Thank you for pointing out our facilities and location.
Our hotel management will try our best to improve our service quality.
We truly look forward to welcoming you back here at your home in Ulaanbaatar.

Best regards,

Blue Sky Hotel&Tower

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We stayed at the Blue Sky on 3 occasions and each was friction free. The hotel is new, and geared for serving businessmen rather than tourists, but as a family traveling with small children we were able to get in and out without hassles. The views are from the glass-enclosed rooms are excellent, and the location at the foot of Sukhbaatar Square cannot be beaten. Our last night coincided with Naadam, and a better location to see the fireworks you would not find in all Mongolia. WiFi in the rooms was great, I got 8Mbps down - more than I would in London. Breakfast buffet was satisfying - though a later start than normal (7am) may deprive those rising early to get to the airport. ATM on premises, took overseas cards without issues or commission. The only negatives are that the staff tends to be language-challenged at times and security is sullenly brusque.

Room Tip: The sharks-fin shape means the higher floors have less space, and the lower ones get noise from the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rassendyll

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience on your staying.
We are very pleased that you had an excellent experience with us and were particularly impressed with the services provided to you by our staffs.
We also regret that our security attitude.
We thank you for the feedback as it helps us to improve the quality of our service and products.
We look forward to welcome you back as we would love to have you as one of our regular guests.

Sincerely yours,
Blue Sky Hotel & Tower

Reviewed November 1, 2013

As a previous guest commented,this hotel is hard to rate. Yes the staff at reception is friendly and helpful,but once you take the lift to your room things change. No matter how cold it might be outside,once you enter your room it is uncomfortably,almost unbearably hot, Incidently, I am writing this from my room, sitting next to the( tiny) open window. The cleaning staff do not replace used soap,nor do they(sometimes) replace towels they remove-forcing me to "raid" the cleaning trolley for basic and essential items. This morning at 7am the breakfast venue was not ready when we arrived there-it appeared as if the staff had all overslept

With a little effort, and the abillity to regulate your room temperature, this would be a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lawrence A
Patrick P, General Manager at Blue Sky Hotel & Tower, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Lawrence

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor website.
It is always nice to know that our guests appreciate the services we provide to them.
Also we really apologize for an uncomfortable situation to you for staying our hotel.
We really apologize certain situation which happened to you staying our hotel.
We take all of our guest feedback seriously so that we will take the necessary actions for improvement.
We will try our all efforts to improve our service.

I hope that we look forward to welcome you back as one of our regular guests.

Sincerely yours,

The Hotel Blue Sky & Tower

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Given the price point and marketing gloss as The (in italics) location in UB, the Blue Sky falls short when you sum the parts.

Check-in had me waiting behind an angry guest who was complaining that the room she had been assigned was not yet ready; she really made a scene and got a room. Mine, it turns out, as I was then told my room wasn't ready and they would get another type for me and then move me the next day. Not a big deal.

The structure is nice; the tallest building in UB apes Dubai's Burj Al Arab in blue miniature. The interior of the halls and rooms are what you might call Uninspired Modular, though comfy. My room was stifling but opening the window only let in high-sulphur coal smoke.

Laundry was inexpensive and quick. Floor staff were cheery. English was widely spoken in UB as a whole.

I changed some RMB and got completely ripped off, as in, 30% ripped off. Don't play me like that.

At midnight on my first of three nights, I was phoned by the Front Desk to ask when I was checking out. I managed to wake-up enough to remind them that they confirmed three nights when I arrived. Again, at 9 am the next day, the Front Desk phoned and asked when I was checking out. This time, "Tomorrow." was a bit more curt.

I get the broken-wing argument of developing countries. Service staff might need more training and experience, currency exchange rates fluctuate wildly, products may see sporadic delivery, etc. If so, dial down the rhetoric (and price) until you are able to offer an objective 4- or 5-star experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael F

Dear Micheal

Thank you very much for taking your precious time to post reviews.
We really get to appreciate all details regarding our service and buildings.
Your shared information is very useful for us to improve our service and to train our staff.
We really apologize certain situation which happened to you staying our hotel.
We take all of our guest feedback seriously and your review has been shared with our Management team so that we may be able to take the necessary actions for improvement.
I hope that there will be never happened again such kind of situation in the future.

Once again, We sincerely appreciate your comments.
We look forward to welcome you back as one of our regular guests.

Best regards,