Review Highlights
Serene!

As inexperienced riders, we spent a couple of days on horses and the Ger stay. It was an excellent... read more

Reviewed November 28, 2018
bernie k
London, United Kingdom
via mobile
The Gobi Crossing - 10 days (Late Oct to early Nov)

In the interests of full disclosure, I should say that this is my fifth time in Mongolia with Stone... read more

Reviewed November 9, 2018
YLLee89
Singapore, Singapore

Recommended experiences in and around Ulaanbaatar
from $3,050.00
from $495.00
from $85.00
More Info
All reviews ger stay brownie riding experience gorkhi terelj national park hot water bottles horse riding pack trip city tour day trip local communities full disclosure an experienced rider wonderful horses conservation work dining tent learn how an unforgettable experience
Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

After some years being busy with work I finally decided to book an exciting vacation for myself. And since I do like horse riding I decided to book an expedition on horse with Stone Horse Expeditions & Travel. I always wanted to see Mongolia and from my current home town - Shanghai - it is not too far.
For sure I had my doubts - Will this be well organized? Will the horses be in good condition? Will I be tough enough to survive roughly two weeks of horse trekking & camping in the wilderness? How will the other riders be?
With a big smile I can say that none of my concerns became true - quite contrary I had an unforgettable & overwhelming experience with very lovely & fun fellow horse riders in Mongolia.
Sabine & Keith have been awesome with the organization, knowledge & insights. They made me feel very comfortable from day one & matched the horse exactly to my needs.
Also the horsemen/-woman were very professional and helpful (especially in the first days when I was not so familiar with the horse riding gear).
The whole team was always approachable during the trip in case of questions, concerns or small problems. The horses were taken very good care of and were also checked regularly.
Also there was a nice balance between being on the horse and free time to also relax a bit. The two days at the Black Lichen Lake have been amazing. And I got never tired of enjoying the nature.
I can't wait to come back to Mongolia for another trek latest next year - it was an unforgettable experience!

Date of experience: August 2018
2  Thank ChristinaM2487
Keith S, Owner at Stone Horse Expeditions & Travel - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2018

Christina, it was good to have you along and now you've signed on for two trips with us for 2019. You really must have liked it. We'll see you next year!

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

I can definitely rank riding in Mongolia under the guidance of sabine and Keith as rhe best riding experience I have ever had. Sabine and Keith orchestrate the ride and everything around it perfectly. The scenery is breathtaking and the ranges are endless. All the horses are well trained and extremely safe. I am sure that however choose to ride with stone horse will have an unforgettable excellent and amazing experience
Yadin

Date of experience: August 2018
2  Thank yadinyeshurun

Yadin, you are a good rider. It was really nice the way you handled the young horse for his first trip with a guest rider. Come back and join us again sometime. Let us know how your trip to Wyoming went. Sounds like another great trip.

Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

Firstly, I will note that I was not an experienced rider and I left feeling pretty confident on a horse. I developed a wonderful friendship with my horse, Jerry, and adore him.
Stone Horse couldn't have been a more perfect match for me.

The comfort and friendliness of everyone was just wonderful. The group I ended up with was all women from different walks of life and we got along incredibly well. We even continued to hang out after leaving the park and partaking in the Nadaam Festival that we also booked through Stone Horse.

Sabine, who was our host and guide, is an incredible human being and you are SO lucky to get to travel with her.

This was an incredible trip that is worth a lifetime of memories and friendships. An exciting adventure, with great food and camping, beautiful scenery and just an overall extraordinary experience.

Date of experience: July 2018

Denise, thanks for this. So glad you had a good time on this trip. Jerry will never be the same.

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

had a great 4 days horseback riding thanks to Sabine, Keith and all the horsemen of Dtonehorse Mongolia. They know Mongolia like the palm of their hand
The horses are docile and strong which shows the love and care they have for them.

Big thanks for an unforgettable experience in the blooming Terleji park and the care you took for me !!
Thanks a lot !!!

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank betcr

Betina, it was nice having you along the trip, even if just a short while. You are a good rider. Join us again sometime for a longer expedition into the Khentii mountains. I'm sure you would like that

Reviewed July 14, 2018

I spent a long time looking for a horse riding holiday in Mongolia and finally stumbled across Stone Horse, I think I definitely made the right choice! Everything was very well organised right from the initial emails to the trip itself which is exactly what i wanted being a solo traveller. The equipment was excellent with the camping gear high quality and the saddles really comfy and practical for this sort of trip. The scenery on the whole trip was stunning with lots of variation and the camps on each night were equally scenic and practical. The food was also excellent!

The horses were truly amazing with stone horse having a dedicated herd with a real mix to suit all abilities. I ride regularly and had the lovely Brownie who was forward going and responsive and there was plenty of opportunity for faster riding for those who wanted to.

Massive thanks to all the Stone Horse team for an unforgettable trip and I'm sure I will be back!

Date of experience: June 2018
Keith S, Owner at Stone Horse Expeditions & Travel - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2018

So glad you found the trip to your liking and that you appreciated Brownie. He is one of our best horses. Well, I think they're all good and we do try to match each horse to each rider, but Brownie is a special character. Yes, do return for one of our longer trips.