“Inconsistent quality”

Namaste
Ranked #3 of 302 Restaurants in Ulaanbaatar
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We, at Namaste Restaurant strongly believe that a business exists because of it's valued customers/guests". Therefore, whatever we do here is meant to ensure a happy and highly satisfied guest.You are the most important element of our business. We feel proud and enthusiastic to see that our business ethics are liked and awarded by our guests.Who have voted for us in "Lonely Planet-(2011 edition)" travel guide as Ulaanbaatar's "TOP CHOICE" Indian restaurant.Once again we extend our sincere thanks to those who supported us in this journey without you we were not be able to come this far.
Ulaanbaatar, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
“Inconsistent quality”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I will continue going to Namaste despite a stone appearing out of vegetable curry once and one of the most expensive dishes on the menu, a beef rib curry, being served cold. I think someone in the kitchen must have forgotten to put in the microwave, even though they state on the menu it's 'served straight out of a tandoori oven', of course. Overall the food is delicious and staff deal with your complaints in a professional manner.

• Visited March 2013
Surendra Kumar B, Manager at Namaste, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Zaya,

Thank you for your comment.
Herewith, i would like to extend my sincere apologies for the bad dining experience you had in our restaurant. It"s also bad for us to hear about this as we do our best to provide the best service to all our customers all the time.To be frank with you this sort of complaint is extremely rare for us to hear - not that we doubt your story.As soon as this issue was brought to my attention we took administrative action.I do hope you will give us another chance to serve you in the nearest future.

With sincere regards,

Kumar
Manager

• Korean first
Mazar-i-Sharif, Afghanistan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best restaurant with reasonable price”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I am student in Mongolia and I often come here. very nice manager and talented chefs and best environment. The price is much cheaper than other places

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Jumong_12
New Delhi, India
“Authentic & delicious Indian food”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Another simpler Indian restaurant, but with gr8 food offerings. A must for any of the world-trotters who love Indian food-- curries, daal, roti, naan, veg & non-veg delicacies -- including chaat and paani-poori :-)

The head chef is from Uttarakhand, and knows his job well

Visited March 2013
1 Thank PankajSood
Adelaide
“Popular but ...”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Service was rather slow. We visited with a reasonably large group and found things a bit on the sluggish side. Part of the group were finished eating before we got our meals, which seemed to take forever. We had "Lamb" korma which was all bones. But I do know this place is popular with expats, so maybe it was just a bad day.

Visited January 2013
Surendra Kumar B, Manager at Namaste, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Sir / Madam,

Greetings of the day from Namaste Indian Restaurant.

First of all, i would like to extend my sincere thanks for your feedback, We are working with all our staff to improve our service. We pride ourselves in give the best service to our customers.

Next time, when you visit us ,i would like to request you to call the chef and directly inform him about your how you would like your dish.

I assure you of better service and food next time.

S.Kumar

99270957 (Mobile)
Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
“Really enjoyed this restaurant”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I was taken to this restaurant and it was excellant...they didn't have my favorite Indian curry on the menu. Not a problem I asked the chef and he made me an excellant Chicken Vindaloo. Wasn't keen on the starters maybe they cannot get chickpea flour. but everything else was very very good...so good my friend had a take away... I actually enjoyed this place so much I took my boss there for lunch a couple of dys later.

• Visited December 2012