“Ripped Off”

The Ivy Restaurant & Lounge
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We had a company function at the restaurant. As we were 48 people we took the six course set meal (at their suggestion because of serving timing for the main course) and asked if we could change it (delete one course). No we couldn't because it was a "set" menu, so we continued anyway. On the evening two courses where changed without notice. Food and service was great until it came to bill time. In addition to the 34 bottles of red and white wine and 182 beer we were told we drank 98 x 1.5 liter bottles of still and sparking water. Water cost us MNT480,000 (approximately $320). I didn't question the pricing but the volume. As can be expected we paid and moved on, never to return.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Nice interior, excellent food and an very polite service! Have bin there twice and was not disappointed.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

My favourite restaurant in UB and for sure the best italian restaurant in the city.
Every time I want to rediscover my homeland taste I am sure that in Ivy's I will never been disappointed.
The rack of lamb is one of my favourite dishes. Last week I tried the salmon and found it fresh, tasty and cooked at perfection.
Very good wine card to enjoy this fabulous kitchen. The price right for the quality of foods you can find here.

1  Thank Luciano C
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The restaurant could simply be the best one in town. I had a lunch with my business partner and it was the most exhilarating place to dine in. I actually had a chance to try few fine dining restaurants while I was in UB, but Ivy was the best. Friendly atmosphere, and the food was perfect. I would certainly recommend it to my friends.

2  Thank John D
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My friends and I spent three weeks in Mongolia and, as foodies, we were all surprised to find out that Mongolia has very few restaurants that can be considered fine dining. The Ivy was the only fine dining that we found while in UB. It is expensive but the food was delicious and a nice change of pace for Mongolia. While we were there we saw a couple get engaged- it is absolutely a lovely place for a romantic dinner or special occasion.