This is a relatively small hotel. If it wasn't Mongolia, then I would have to give this hotel only two stars but because of the location, and because it is in Mongolia (again), then an additional star is in order.
1. Location - it is very near the famous Sukhbaatar square, the national museum, the Parliament building, and a couple of restaurants and shops. In short, it is strategically located at the center Ulaanbaatar.
2. bed is large and nice
3. huge flat TV but the connection could be a bit bothersome because it is connected to the internet
4. room is generally clean
5. staff, at most times, are very accommodating despite minus #1 below
1. Difficulty in communicating with staff (in English), something which is common in MG. You might consider learning some local language and memorizing some Mongolian alphabet (cyrillic) to help you move around the city/country.
2. Lift/elevator is very small
3. Limited choice of breakfast, only 4 or 5 choices I think, which is just fine if you're staying for at most 5 days. From the list, you need to order your breakfast first and sometimes the service is a bit slow (15-30 min depending on the crowd). The biggest minus though is that they serve breakfast starting at 8am only!
4. During the rainy season, the street fronting the hotel is almost always flooded
5. No fitness center (understandable I guess since it's just a small hotel)
6. There's something wrong with the shower hook and water is not too strong, thus, you need extra time in taking a shower.
Even with the minuses above, I think I would still recommend this hotel mainly because of its location. Don't just stay in UB though. There is much to see in the countryside!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Ulaanbaatar, URGOO hotel offers you a pleasant stay and personalized service that can be found only in small boutique hotels. Government palace, business offices, banks and tourist attractions are literally just around a corner! You can enjoy our chief's specials in our European cuisine URGOO Restaurant. Whether you are on business trip or on vacation - URGOO Hotel & Restaurant is the place where you feel like home in the heart of Ulaanbaatar! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Urgoo Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.