Review Highlights
The only way to see Mongolia

Let me start off by saying that the experiences we had while on our trips with Ger To Ger will be... read more

Reviewed August 11, 2018
molexroots
Leiden, The Netherlands
Great staff and an incredible experience

The host families we stayed in were all very friendly and made us feel very welcomed! You really do... read more

Reviewed June 28, 2018
Eugene L

All reviews language barrier nomadic family gobi province humanitarian lifestyle milk goats terrain ger tours tourists travel
Reviewed June 13, 2018

My dad and I went for the 6D nomadic homestay tour. We got an opportunity to experience living the actual nomadic life, interacting with the local community, observing and learning about their culture. We witness a cow giving birth, the locals killing a goat and preparing it for dinner, a dog ripping off another dog's fur to defend itself and us! toileting in nature and riding horses across the beautiful terrain. The most wonderful thing about this trip is being able to experience their culture. It is something that I will never forget! Ger to Ger has been awesome, they ensured our safety and made sure we had our essentials. The briefing for the trip was really useful and we will definitely join them again when we are back! We highly recommend Ger to Ger:)

Date of experience: June 2018
2  Thank Vanesyy
Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

I had an amazing experience with Ger to Ger! My friends and I did the winter desert travel, and we had a blast staying with 3 traditional Mongolian families. We had the opportunity to participate in their daily chores (such as goat milking and herding) and we got to see some amazing sights via horse and camel. Just seeing the amount of work these families do in order to produce meat and dairy products made me realized how valuable animal products are. Ger to Ger gave us all of the tools needed to have a great time with these families, and I would easily do another trip with them!

Date of experience: May 2018
2  Thank kevin8988
Reviewed May 18, 2018 via mobile

We spent a week out in Bulgan province with ger to ger and had a fantastic time, learned a lot (after getting up at 5am to help milk goats I will never again waste a drop of milk) got to experience a part of the nomadic lifestyle that wasn't catered to tourists which was exactly what we were looking for. Staff was very helpful, we felt as prepared as could be given our limited (nonexistent) mongolian language skills, amd ended up really getting a lot oUT of the trip. As long as you go into it with the mindset that you're there to learn and not get waited on hand and foot, it's 110% worth it.

Date of experience: May 2018