“Good but Crowded at Times” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
“Good but Crowded at Times”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I enjoy going here. I go mostly for breakfast because it's one of the few places with breakfast but it's good and priced well. The staff a some of the nicest people and the wifi is nice when everyone isn't using it. The restaurant is either quiet and nice to relax or it's packed and noisy. I would only suggest you don't get the pancakes because they can be dry. The cafe drinks are the best in town.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Bren36

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good chai tea, bad food and service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

This cafe has a wonderful atmosphere, with free wifi (password of the day is written on the chalkboard near the register) and comfy chairs. The chai tea latte (hot and cold) is amazing, and pretty much the only reason I go back there.

The food and the service, though, are hugely lacking. It takes ages to get the waitress' attention, and once you get the food, it's mediocre with no flavor. I suppose that's what you pay for- the food is pretty cheap compared to a lot of cafes/western restaurants in UB.

• Visited July 2013
Ulaanbaatar, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
“good for lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

It's an alright cafe, decent coffee and baked goods. However, the staff could do a better job. We overheard the staff saying how the owner wasn't around so they could close earlier, me and my friend were the only people at the cafe. They did not intervene when a homeless person came in and showered me and my friend (the customers) with abuse for no apparent reason. Clearly geared toward the expat crowd. I can recommend the Sloppy Dorj.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank ZayaTA
Leavenworth
“Tasty variety”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Despite the plethora of eateries near where I live, this is where I find myself coming back to. They have a wide variety of food on the menu, and so far only one thing has disappointed, and even it wasn't bad (just wasn't what I expected).

Service varies, as does the reliability of the wifi. But it's a comfy place and reasonably priced.

I recommend the UB Cheesesteak. :)

(I haven't had the coffee, so I have no idea how it fares in that department)

• Visited April 2013
Ulaanbaatar
“Chai Tea Latte”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is a great little cafe to have a bite, drink some coffee, and read a book. I ordered a huge chai tea latte and it was delicious. I could just come here for that. I've had their sandwich and one of their breakfast plates which was also pretty tasty and reasonably priced.

• Visited November 2012