“Recommendation for beers and salad”
Review of Brauhaus

Brauhaus
Ranked #194 of 316 Restaurants in Ulaanbaatar
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I've been to Brauhaus four years ago and the beer was simply terrible. Actually one wasn't able to drink it. I've re-discovered Brauhaus just some months ago and was happy to find out that they serve awesome (and reasonably priced) beer now!! In addition the salads are really good. Comparing to other beer places, prices are fair and service is fast.
Luckily I gave it a shot and tried it out again!

1  Thank aagii

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We had many good meals during our Trans Siberian trip and I expected much more. I had Shaslick (BBQ lamb)but the meal was tasteless and the beer was warm. I was sorry I had dined here as I passed some apparently good restaurants on our way to this one

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Not a typical Mongolian experience, but the place is warm and the staff friendly. The local beer (Khan Brau) is fine, although not particularly memorable, and there is a selection of local dishes including a reasonable tsuiwan (fried noodles with lamb, carrots and capsicum).

Reviewed September 3, 2013

A brew pub ought to be famous for its beer; good food just a bonus. Disappointingly, the only thing going for Brau Haus is their food! German sausages, salads, and pork selections all reaonably good here. But that's the extent of the attraction. On a recent visit, only about 15% of the tables were occupied, which should have sent up a clear warning flag. Slow on the uptake, our group decided to stick it out. The pilsner and wheat beers both highly disappointing, with overbearing taste of dirty dishwater. The brewery is badly in need of a new beer recipe or a new brewmaster! Service was atrocious; no English, no smiles, no attention to detail or service. Long waits for delivery of drink orders, even after repeated requests; it's as if the guests are only a nuisance, rather than their bread and butter.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I don't really like their beer. The dark is better in my opinion, but it does not agree with me. The only other beer that does this is moosehead.

Where I stay is walking distance to the Brauhaus, and would love to be a regular there, however after nine there always seems to be someone vomiting out front on the steps. I am not sure if they drank too much or something they ate.

There are much better options on Seoul street than this.