“A little bit of home...”

Kempinski Hotel Khan Palace
Ranked #2 of 60 Hotels in Ulaanbaatar
Reviewed December 10, 2013

The brunch is awesome! Great service, good food and just a nice atmosphere, especially in UB. Highly recommended for a place to spend a nice Sunday afternoon. The staff are very polite and will endeavour to meet your every need.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sandaling

Reviewed November 18, 2013

This was our home base on a tour. The rooms are clean, comfortable and, with the heated toilet seats with built in bidet, as up to date as I would ever need. The wi-fi worked well. We stayed here four different times ( we wold go to a different locatrion and return to the Kapinski) so I was in a variety of rooms. The breakfast buffet was aboslutely over the top. I have never seen so many options, every thing very fresh and plentiful. I can't speak to cost because it was included in the tour cost.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this wonderful hotel in Ulaanbator.
The service was impeccable . We were treated very well and the dashing F&B manager took time to greet all the guests personally.
The front desk staff was really helpful. They helped us to arrange tours and cars, and communicated with them
In Mongolian since some of the locals don't speak English.
The fitness center was small but very clean and well equipped.
I didn't get a chance to partake in the spa, but it also looked small but clean.
The restaurants were excellent so I didn't particularly care to leave the hotel for dinner / cocktails.

I imagine it is the best hotel in all of Mongolia , however, don't expect the typical western perfection at the property. The property is very nice and clean but looks a little tired. The electricity flickers every once in a while. It stays off less than a minute.
The wifi works well
I would gladly stay there again if I ever go back to Mongolia!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during a recent business trip and my personal experience can only lead me to recommend it.
From the moment I arrived until I left I was looked after in a professional, courteous and warm-hearted manner, from the lady tending to my room, to the General Manager.
Not only that; my room, although situated in the lower price bracket, was comfortable, clean and spaceous. The food was excellent, not only breakfast but also dinner and the choice of dishes was very much thought-through, offering something for every palate.
Last but not least, I enjoyed the whole athmosphere of the hotel... a bit homely.
Well done to everybody at the Kempinski.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
FrankPrasmo, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Khan Palace, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Mr. Burkhhard S,

I am glad that your stay was convenient for you and appreciate for sharing this on tripadvisor indeed.

Comments like yours are always support us to be confidence and be supreme in hospitality industry.

Thank you very much again.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Kempinski Hotel Khan Palace is an older hotel without recent remodels. That aside, the hotel was very clean. The rooms were large and comfortable and the staff was very professional and helpful. The breakfast buffet was great. I think Kempinski is your best bet in Ulaanbaatar. I also stayed at the Chinggis Khaan hotel during my stay, which was horrible.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
FrankPrasmo, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Khan Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Mrs. Shawna00,

The greatest pleasure is ours.

It is true that one of our hotel's highlight is our breakfast, Knowing that the breakfast is the most important meal of the day, we are focusing on providing on daily bases Mongolian, Japanese and international food in order to satisfy our guests.

Of course, cleanliness is the most important thing in hotels.

Again, Thank you for your time to review our service.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

This was my first stay at this property. Comparing with Ramada, where I stayed before, it is a little bit better and offers just that extra level of quality and service. Especially breakfast, for my preferences, is a on higher level with a wealth of (healthy) choices. Also the bathroom finishing (having a heated seat toilet with the most fancy options I've ever seen) is just one level higher.

Staff is very friendly and attentive. I stayed at a superior room (double bed). The room was very spacious and clean with a nice working desk and sitting area. Wi-Fi was very reliable and available throughout the hotel. Bed was comfortable and although the hotel is located at a busy intersection, street noise did not interrupt my sleep.

Would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Bvdo,

Thank you for your time for sharing your recent detail here at the Kempinski Hotel Khan Palace.

Our friendly staffs are always willing to help our valuable guests without asking all the time.

About breakfast, In front of the guests, our chefs are preparing variety of a –la carte dishes not only omelets and eggs, but also pancakes, waffles, crepes and especially our special touch Crepe Suzette.

Toto washlet, we have installed recently and the most of our guests pleased this experience.

Once again, Thank you very much for your kind words.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

My daughters and I recently spent 4 days in the Kempinski. Every staff or employee we interfaced with were extremely courteous and wanting to do whatever they could to make our stay perfect. One of the front staff was even willing to walk with us to find a particular store we were having trouble locating. Our flight was leaving at midnight on the day of our check-out and they graciously allowed us to stay until 9pm, which was so appreciated. We ate all of our meals at the hotel and received courteous and prompt service at every turn. Konstantin Andonov, Food and Beverage Manager, was very friendly and attentive - and his sense of humour always put a smile on our face. I have never seen a more spectacular breakfast. ever. The variety and freshness of food served was beyond comparison. The rooms were clean and spacious and we also enjoyed the spa services. A welcomed stay after a week in the wilderness. I will certainly look for the Kempinski when next I travel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PattiL963
FrankPrasmo, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Khan Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear PattiL963,

Thank you for choosing to stay recently at The Kempinski Hotel Khan Palace.

As well as, thank you for spending your valuable time to share recent detail.

I agree that our staffs are always try to give a hand to our guests and I am sure they do it very well.

I would like to admit our therapists are very professional and they spend all of their energy to reach guests' satisfaction.

We would be more than happy to welcome you back at anytime.