Kempinski Hotel Khan Palace
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$300
$70
Priceline
Guide Hotel(Ulaanbaatar)
$65
All reviewsjapanese restaurantheated seatbreakfast buffet issuperior roomrooms are largehome basean excellent hotelfront desk staffulaan baatarking bedbusiness tripfresh fruitfitness centercentral squarethe wi fithree nightscomfortable hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This was my first stay at this property. Comparing with Ramada, where I stayed before, it is a little bit better and offers just that extra level of quality and service. Especially breakfast, for my preferences, is a on higher level with a wealth of (healthy) choices. Also the bathroom finishing (having a heated seat toilet with the most fancy options I've ever seen) is just one level higher.

Staff is very friendly and attentive. I stayed at a superior room (double bed). The room was very spacious and clean with a nice working desk and sitting area. Wi-Fi was very reliable and available throughout the hotel. Bed was comfortable and although the hotel is located at a busy intersection, street noise did not interrupt my sleep.

Would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
FrankPrasmo, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Khan Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Bvdo,

Thank you for your time for sharing your recent detail here at the Kempinski Hotel Khan Palace.

Our friendly staffs are always willing to help our valuable guests without asking all the time.

About breakfast, In front of the guests, our chefs are preparing variety of a –la carte dishes not only omelets and eggs, but also pancakes, waffles, crepes and especially our special touch Crepe Suzette.

Toto washlet, we have installed recently and the most of our guests pleased this experience.

Once again, Thank you very much for your kind words.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

My daughters and I recently spent 4 days in the Kempinski. Every staff or employee we interfaced with were extremely courteous and wanting to do whatever they could to make our stay perfect. One of the front staff was even willing to walk with us to find a particular store we were having trouble locating. Our flight was leaving at midnight on the day of our check-out and they graciously allowed us to stay until 9pm, which was so appreciated. We ate all of our meals at the hotel and received courteous and prompt service at every turn. Konstantin Andonov, Food and Beverage Manager, was very friendly and attentive - and his sense of humour always put a smile on our face. I have never seen a more spectacular breakfast. ever. The variety and freshness of food served was beyond comparison. The rooms were clean and spacious and we also enjoyed the spa services. A welcomed stay after a week in the wilderness. I will certainly look for the Kempinski when next I travel.

1  Thank PattiL963
FrankPrasmo, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Khan Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear PattiL963,

Thank you for choosing to stay recently at The Kempinski Hotel Khan Palace.

As well as, thank you for spending your valuable time to share recent detail.

I agree that our staffs are always try to give a hand to our guests and I am sure they do it very well.

I would like to admit our therapists are very professional and they spend all of their energy to reach guests' satisfaction.

We would be more than happy to welcome you back at anytime.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed at the Kempinski for 4 nights after an 8-day camping trip in the Gorkhi-Terelj National Park. Staff at the hotel were lovely - extremely helpful and very accommodating. We particularly enjoyed the incredible buffet breakfast (what a spread) and dinners at the KharaKhorum Restaurant. Konstantin Andonov, Food & Beverage Manager at the Kempinski, was a delight. His sense of humour and attention to detail were always appreciated.

Highly, highly, recommend!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
FrankPrasmo, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Khan Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear juliena490,

Thank you very much for your amazing compliment to our food and beverage manager.
As well as, your the most appreciable recommendation to others is very helpful for us.

Thank you for your time to write a comment on our page.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed at the Kempinski for three nights while at the tail end of a trip to Ulaanbaatar. We switched from another hotel to the Kempinski and were very glad we did. The service at this hotel is exceptional - from the front desk staff, to the wait staff in the restaurants, to the bell boys, to the spa staff and everyone in between. The Food and Beverages Manager, Konstantin Andonov, was particularly witty, engaging and attentive.

The buffet breakfast is not to be missed. I've never seen such a diverse and extensive selection for a breakfast included with your room. It's a huge spread. Lots of fresh fruit, juices, breads, pastries, smoothies, a fresh omelette/egg/crepe station, various jams, cheeses and spreads and plentiful hot and cold options. It was delicious and extremely high value and it generally meant that no lunch was necessary!

In addition to the buffet, they have two restaurants in the hotel - a Mongolian/International restaurant and a Japanese restaurant. We went to the Mongolian/International one several times. The menu was very large and varied - with good options to suit our mix of carnivore/vegetarian/gluten-free diets and servers were happy to accommodate dietary issues and/or substitute items for us as needed.

The carpet and decor in our room was somewhat dated but the room itself was very spacious, with a modern TV (and decent cable, to boot) and a large, clean 4-piece bathroom. Everything was very clean and comfortable generally. Room service was great and very fast.

The hotel is slightly outside the core city centre area but not by much and cabs are inexpensive (if you are clear about what you're paying before you get in, otherwise you fall prey to the tourist inflation trap) and accessible.

I really cannot say enough about what great service we received at this hotel. It made all the difference during our stay.

I was not previously familiar with the Kempinski hotel brand although I will now keep my eye out for it while traveling and highly, highly recommend staying at this particular one if you are traveling to Ulaanbaatar.

1  Thank tigerseye66

Dear tigerseye66,

Please allow me to introduce myself, I am new General Manager here at the Kempinski Hotel khan Palace.

I was very pleased and impressed to read all of positive comment and reviews on TripAdvisor.
Comments like yours are giving us a lot of energy to improve our service.

Please accept my the deepest appreciation for your kind and warm words.

All of my staff and Konstantin Andonov were very glad to see your compliment.

Thank you very much again and again.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

My sister and I traveled on the trans Siberian railroad (an experience in itself) and after 5 days on the train, we were eager to get off. What a welcome respite!! We were greeted like royalty. In fact, during the length of our stay, the front desk staff, all of whom spoke excellent English, continually were hospitable, knowledgeable, friendly and always eager to help. Our room also was great with very comfortable beds including pristine white bedding and all the amenities one could ask for. As frequent travelers, we rarely eat in the hotel, however this trip was different and we found ourselves eating dinner 2 out of 3 nights in the hotel. Those dinners as well as the complimentary breakfast each morning were delicious. Also, a breakfast to go was provided free of charge on our departure day... How very nice! Great massage, good bellman and doorman service completed this wonderful stay, one we would recommend to anyone traveling to UB.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
JensWycisk, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Khan Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear G A,

Please allow me to thank you for your wonderful comment on TripAdvsor.

Everything you wrote above is encouraging our team to be more professional.

Once again, thank you very much.

Jens Wycisk