Open today: 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM

from $95.00
from $95.96
from $117.17
More Info
All reviews these guys horse riding day tour yogi english guide country ub culture horses mongolia
Selected filters
Reviewed August 13, 2018

I used Rara Avis to do a day's guided trip out from Ulaanbaatar, and honestly I wish I had used them for way more!!

Yogi my guide was incredible – the best guide I've ever had for any country – cannot recommend him enough. We did a day in Terelj (about an hour's drive from UB), and he picked me and did all the driving. His english is perfect, and he's soooo knowledgeable about everything Mongolia. I learned a ton from him. Plus, Yogi happens to also be an expert horse-riding instructor, so I tried horse-riding for the first time in Terelj! It is VERY rare to find somebody as skilled with Mongolian horses as Yogi who also speaks perfect English.

I would honestly use Rara Avis for any part of the trip...even if you just want a guide to walk around UB with you for your first day and help acclimate you to the city (and help get you a Mongolian Sim Card, etc.)

These guys are awesome.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed May 14, 2018

Our family of four thoroughly enjoyed our day-tour of UB with our excellent tour guide, Yogi. It was truly a day filled with history and culture - we absolutely loved it. Yogi has a pride for his country and his people that is effervescent. We cannot recommend this tour company and specifically, Yogi, high enough.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed November 8, 2017

I had two nights in Ulaanbaator and needed to make good use of my limited time. By chance, I found Rara Avis Travel and had the pleasure of an excellent day's tour of the city, the Genghis Khan monument and the National Park where we had lunch in a local village. My guide Eric was extremely knowledgable and helpful, dealing with my constant questions with patience and good humour.

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed November 5, 2017

This is a great tour company that tailors to your own personal needs. They are a small local Mongolian run company (which makes them experts by default). I booked the UB Explorer and Genghis Khan tour with them. Even with address problems, they manage to find me when they contacted my ger host. My guide was Yogi, and his English was excellent. I learned a lot about the country's history, economy, culture, politics, etc. from him. On both tours, I went to Ghengis Khan Statue, did 1 hour horse riding on Gorkhi-Terelj National Park, National History Museum, Black Market, Bogd Khan Winter House, Zaisan Memorial, Gandan Monastery, Chinggis Khaan Square, Sukhbaatar Square, and the guide even took me to souvenir shopping at the State Department Store. I felt the price was worth it for the 2 days worth of places, and would definitely recommend them to other friends, instead of big foreign companies.

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank gillurien
Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

Emailed them about two months prior to arriving and they helped me arrange a tour for my family, including two young children under 5. Paid a 20% deposit to secure our spot through their website - easy. I had arrived earlier before the rest of my family and headed to their office (beware there are three addresses) to pay for the rest of the tour and discuss the activities and concerns. The company is run by young Mongolians, who are friendly and committed to their customers, easily communicated with and part of the price you pay is for an environmental tax, which I appreciated.

We arranged to go out to the semi-Gobi, and spent alternate days at local gers and tourist gers. Our driver was on time, Our guide Tuvi spoke good English,was really good with the kids as well, and always looking out for our needs. They had extra blankets for the cold spell, hot drinks - and we had mentioned that we were a Muslim family, they were able to bring halal meat from the city to accommodate our dietary needs.

Scenery was amazing, except for the first day where we had really crappy weather. Even so, we still managed to see and do quite a bit, and it was an amazing journey, despite the cold, a moment where our car engine overheated, unexpected toilets and changes based on the situation - it felt like our guide Tuvi always looked out for us.

Definitely go with these guys if you're looking for a tour company that will make your Mongolian experience the best it can be.

Date of experience: August 2017
2  Thank ace_krusher
Reviewed October 12, 2017

The operator and guide both went out their way to accommodate us with a flexible schedule due to a late arrival. They went out of their way to assist us with locating lost items during the trip also. The trips to the black markets and local markets + Genghis khan statue were great. Highly recommended

Date of experience: October 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction