“Kuramathi Cottage and Spa”
Review of Maldives

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Kuramathi Cottage and Spa”
Reviewed March 27, 2009

Hi All

Just found some time to write a review . Me and my husband had a fab time in Kuramathi.We went for 4 days from Mar 14 -17 09 . As we had decided that we wont be going to Maldives again , we decided we should go for the best amongst the cheap / affordable ones. We got a good bargain for the Cottage and Spa water bungalow in Kuramathi . Took speed boat transfer both ways . Shd have gone atleast one way by air , didnt think of it then . We were very happy with our accomodation , we requested for 280 but it was already occupied so the reception guys gave us 278.Beautiful view of the sea and the sand bank , direct snorkeling (shallow reef) from the hut .

The breakfast buffet was excellent . Me being a vegetarian (I eat egg though ) had enough choices and spl thanks to the cook who made omelets .Yummy ! The coffee shop facing the beach looked wonderful and the dive school guys were so helpful.We were first time snorkelers and are not good swimmers. They took absolute care and showed us the best place for spotting corals / fishes near rashdoo island. We had the time of our lives.I have fallen in love with the ocean . All because of our snorkeling experience.Can never forget this one !

My husband learnt the basics of sailing and is eager to practise wind surfing.Thanks to the guys at dive school - Naja (alias Elvis Presley) , Abdulla and sorry forgot the third person's name.

You find smiling faces everywhere . People greet you when you pass by and your room gets cleaned twice a day ! What more can you ask for ? They decorated our bed for our wedding anniversary - compliments from the resort but I heard some resorts give a fruit basket as well ! We didnt get that ....
: ((

We got a 'dream for two' spa treatment . The place looked out of the world .... Amidst the water , listening to the soothing sound of the waves .. amazing !

End of it , all I can remember is our snorkeling experience .Cant say whether I really enjoyed cos it was our first time or cos of the comfort given by the trainers.....

On the whole an unforgettable experience !

Somi

Male
12 helpful votes
“Visit MALE before you depart”
Reviewed March 4, 2009

Maldives main city & also the capital of the country is MALE. Its one of the busiest places i can say... great for shopping and also to meet various people from different nationalities. It is also advanced plenty of new clothing shops, latest mobile phones etc...

The locals are also very friendly & helpful. so before you head over to a resort I would highly recommend for a visit in Male.

Cheers........

1 Thank mariolovestotravel
Menlo Park, California
50 helpful votes
“Exquisite scuba Maldives”
Reviewed December 30, 2008

I have been to three islands in the Maldives. It's the best tropical vacation I've ever been on and the best scuba in 20 years of diving. If you love total relaxation mixed with stunning white sand, crystal clear water, coconut palms and excellent marine life then this is paradise. All three of the resorts I visited were great and as with anywhere it's important to get matched to the right place for you. Soneva Gili is amazing, the Four Seasons also and Club Med is an excellent value for the area. We flew from the West Coast and did the flight to Male from Paris. When I go again I think I will do the stop in Dubai. This is a special place, go, and fall in love with your partner all over again.

west midlands
4 helpful votes
“Words can not explain”
Reviewed October 30, 2008

Just returned from Sun Isalnd and Spa in the Maldives on 25/10/08.

FLIGHT.
Flew out from Manchester on 9/10/08 with first choice via Thompson. We were delayed 45 mins but we knew this the day before as we checked the airport web site.
Flew out on a 767 we left manchester at 1945hrs and arrived in Male about 1000hrs local time. The flight was brill and the cabin crew were ace (really put themselves out), By 1100hrs we were on our seaplane transfer (this is a must), Seaplane landed and we were met by a boat which took us to the island (15mis at the most). We were greeted at the island by an island receptionist who arranged for the bags to be placed on a golf buggy and taken to reception. As we arrived in reception we were greeted with a hot hand towel and a glass of cocnut milk.
We were all inclusive and from arriving at the island booking in and being taken to our water bungalow (369) was at the most 40 mins.

ACCOMODATION
We asked for a sun set facing water bungalow which was in excellent condition. Did'nt use the mini bar as the prices were a bit steep, but i found that there was no need to. The room boy (Ali who spoke excellent english )cleaned and prepared our room twice a day. He was'nt intrusive at all and got to now our movements and did the room whilst we were out. There is no need to take adaptors as they are aware which country you are from and the plugs are already in the room. You get 2ltrs of water aday. Don't pay for the TV channels as you are all inclusive. A little tip turn to the channel usually in the 30's wait till the speel comes on, you will see your room number on the screen, delete it and enter 000 and you get all the channels free.

THE ISLAND
Out of this world extremely clean the staff were out every morning sweeping the beach and blocked pav ement.The island is treated every other morning about 0300hrs with anti mosquito smoke so you hardly se one.
Far too much to mention.

Would'nt upgrade on flight...there were problems, would'nt go all inclusive again unless you drink around the clock. Plenty of drinks with meals. Food was absolutly brill and the choice is unbelieveable. Never saw a rat as previously mentioned by other members.
Absolute must..will go back.
There was an Arsenal footballer sitting next to me for the two weeks and i never knew thats how intrusive it is.

1 Thank trafficman3
Aylesbury Bucks UK
25 helpful votes
“Gan is an unusual Maldives island”
Reviewed August 14, 2008

We have been the Maldives before and decided to try the island of Gan. The island used to be an RAF air base and this has been tastefully changed into an hotel complex. The rooms are comfortable, the service is excelent and the island is joined to 4 others by roads. There are beaches at the hotel, but they are very small, so if you are expecting a paradise island this is not for you. The people are very friendly and love the British, but each island that you can get to is built up and populated. You get free bicycles for he time you are there so you can explore the other islands. The snokeling is good, but we do not dive so I can not tell you about that. Again I say this island is not a tipical maldives island, so if you are looking for traquility, sand and palm trees think twice before you go there. I should have realized this as there are no pictures of the beach in the brochures. If you are not bothered by this then the service etc at the hotel is excelent. the people are friendly and helpful.

Been to Maldives? Share your experiences!