Great location with a huge amount of potential, sadly this "eco" lodge has seen better days. It would be great to see this place receive some attention, particularly on the more pressing areas where safety is of concern like the floating restaurant which was in desperate need of repair with an alarming number of floor boards rotting through. The huts look very nice and given an equal amount of repair work could be suitable for accommodation. My friend and I may have been given the worst hut available, which should not have been offered as accommodation until repairs had been done. At the moment it's not a place I'll be going back to, and given the responses by the owner to less than glowing reviews (I have NEVER seen such a response from someone to bad reviews), sadly I don't think any suggestions will be taken on board.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a riverside ecolodge resort only 30 km outside of Vientiane which offers a true taste of rural Lao life but with most of the comforts of home. We have a floating restaurant on the river and offer a range of activities such as local village tours, tubing, cooking classes, massage, a sauna nearby, boat trips, fishing, free bicycles etc. We do our best to live in harmony with both the local people and the surrounding forest. We also donate $2 per guest night to local education and community projects. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Rivertime Resort and Ecolodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rivertime Resort And Ecolodge Hotel Vientiane
- Rivertime Hotel And Ecolodge
- Rivertime Hotel Vientiane