“Absolutely sensational food”

Ai Capone
Ranked #25 of 405 Restaurants in Vientiane
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ai Capone its an Italian Bistro where real passionate Italian Chefs are proving their creativities From the ONLY ONE real Neapolitan Made Wood Fired Pizza Oven to a Italian Master Chef and Prized Italian Pastry Chef. No one else can offer such Italian combination in Lao PDR.
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I was totally surprised at the amazing quality of the food. The set lunch is arguably one of the best value meals I have ever had in any country in the world. The service was excellent, the host/chef could not be more gracious, the atmosphere is modern and sophisticated but not at all pretentious. Great salad, outstanding pizza and beautifully presented dessert. Vientiane is lucky to have such a high quality restaurant and not surprising that it is almost always fully booked. Lastly, anyone who would give this restaurant one, two or even three stars has no clue about great dining in the world. They are clearly fakes on TA or have no idea about food. Go!

There are newer reviews for Ai Capone

Reviewed May 24, 2014

this is by far an exceptional fine italian meal i've ever had in Ventiane. They did a fantastic job in creating fabulous and tasty pastas and apperitifs. They have a wide variety of red and white wines to choose from, ambience is soft, relaxed and comfy chairs. When I came in, the restaurant is already full and most of the tables are reserved. That only means that they are really good! Well presented dishes and am quite satisfied with the service and everything. Italian chef and owner are very accommodating and helpful as well.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Good location of the restaurant. It can be seen from many point of street. Conspicuous facade announce to us that possiblle that here cooked the most delicious pizza in town. Entering the restaurant, I see the master pizza secretly tell him Lorenzo. He loves his job and have really buoyant mood. Pizza involved on the joy and love of life is always twice as tasty. Chef Gerardo know many connoisseurs of fine cuisine in Vientiane, looking at his temperament, looking at him and I want to say, "Yes it is true Mr. Vulcano". I ordered a pizza teramisu with coffee. When I say to them "See you soon" I was grateful for the attention and for presented to me pleasure by authentic restaurant atmosphere.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

I'm currently having an extremely fine Italian meal at Ai Capone in Vientiane. Service is impeccable and you will be assured a warm welcome from chef/proprietor Gerardo.
I started with a wonderful Carpaccio di Manzo; Australian Beef Tenderloin served with a terrific horseradish, balsamic vinegar and truffle dressing. Quite simply one of the best of its kind that I have come across in my travels.
Main course was Ravioli Nero con Farcia di Pesce Spada; Squid Ink Ravioli stuffed with thyme scented Marlin fillet with prawns, asparagus and cherry tomatoes. The pasta was as black as tar (as it should be) and the filling was well seasoned and tasty. All components were presented to let the flavours individually shine. Marvelous!
A perfect panna cotta rounded off the evening perfectly.
The wine list is comprehensive and moderately priced. I had a lovely 2012 dry Gwerztraminer which accompanied each course beautifully.
This is a restaurant that obviously cares about both the quality and the provenance of both it's dishes and it's ingredients.
Frankly, I'm at a loss to explain the 1 star reviews on here. Maybe something to do with the new Italian Restaurant due to open up next door imminently? Honestly, as a seasoned and well fed traveller I can only say that Ai Capone is a wonderful Italian restaurant. Heartily recommended.

1  Thank MestizoCub
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We came as a group of 8 - one of the downfalls of the restaurants is they did not have enough menus for the restaurant - we saw 5 in total for all the diners, so we had to share menus and wait to have a look.
Also the service is somewhat lacking, we were waiting on wine and had to remind them after a time.
However, the food is absolutely delicious. I had mushroom Risotto, and it was amazing. Had mushroom risotto at the #1 Luang Prabang tripadvisor restaurant "The Balcony" a couple of days ago and it was nothing compared to Al Capone's. The Chef is very capeable, all mains were delicious and desserts are also fantastic. Would highly recommend this restaurant, they just need more menus and the staff need a little more training but that's pretty normal in Vientiane.

Manager777888, Manager at Ai Capone, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

we appreciate very much that you liked our risotto and our culinary products.

Yes, even if we just started and our service staff strive to do their best, we still need more training and team work, i may assure you that we are working on it to improve everyday and ensure that our standards are definitely the most professional in town, we working hard on it and will achieve it.

let me personally thank you for your comment, i personally really appreciate real comments where give us the possibility to improve

warm regards