“excellent and warm atmosphere”

Green Park Boutique Hotel
Ranked #6 of 93 Hotels in Vientiane
Reviewed May 17, 2007

we stayed 4nights at the Green Park hotel with our two children and we were offered an upgrade to a big family room.our kids love the room..spacious, clean, beautiful. Staffs were always friendly, breakfast was good..we had no problem going to town..it was an easy walk to the morning market and 15mn of nice walk to town..My kids love their internet room..so peaceful and clean

The hotel was well equipped ..such a beautiful nice and cosy boutique
hotel..we had great time, a very enjoyable and memorable time for my kids..they met other children from Australia also. My daughter was happy with the pool..she loves swimming so eventhough it was a bit cool during that time but she enjoyed herself very much..my kids will love to go back there and we do not hesitate to recommend the Greenpark to anyone going to Vientiane..

We love travelling and have travelled to many other places and have stayed at many hotels in asia..but to me the Green Park hotel has captivated my heart with its lao way style and friendliness atmosphere..Management and staffs care for their customers..we have recommended the place to many other people who we met in luangprabang, all australian though ..they were all happy...have not heard a complaint from any of them..

Truly I could recommend Greenpark to anyone without hesitation and we will love to be able to go back again. I do not think i could say anything bad about Greenpark as i have only experienced good times and only have fond memories of the place during our four days stay.

Stayed: December 2006
4  Thank robert_downunder
There are newer reviews for Green Park Boutique Hotel

Reviewed May 16, 2007

Just want to take this opportunity to say thank you to the management & staffs at the Greenpark for an amazing service. It was a memorable experience and beyond my expectation & statisfying needs especially all the negatives that I've heard about the hotels in Laos. The room was fabulous. The breakfast on the terrace of the restaurant is excellent with a nice view.
I would definitely recommend to all my friends and anyone that plan a trip to Vientiane to stay at Green park.

Suwat. (Bangkok)

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank souvie
Reviewed May 5, 2007

I had to stay there for 3 nights and their facilities were limited. It was not like hotel, just 30 rooms guest house. There was no proper restaurant and difficult to access into the hotel from the town. Staffs were very poor english speakers. Room seemed to be new but housemaid was very bad skill. I also stay in Settha Palce which was much superior. I don't think I will come back to this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank LoveBangkok
Reviewed April 3, 2007

I stayed at the Green Park March 23-25 2007. It is beautifully constructed and furnished. The staff did every thing possible to make my stay pleasant. Breakfast is abundant and good quality. It includes very tasty local dishes. Seating on the outdoor terrace is very pleasant. The standard rooms are not large and lack somewhat in privacy, because of the arrangement on two sides of the pool. I was given a large room with good privacy but not a pleasant garden view. The hotel location is quiet and a good hike from the city center. The surroundings are pastoral at present but likely to change. A high-rise college structure is going up on one side. If you like peace and quiet, and would enjoy local design and decoration, you'll like this hotel. I thought it was an excellent value and I would return here if I were again in Vientiane.

1  Thank AmesISU
Reviewed March 9, 2007

Overall, I thought this was a nice place to stay in in Vientiane. It's not an international standard first class hotel, but then you are in Laos which has not yet caught up with the times (which is why the country is so charming).

The complex is attractive with a nice pool. Staff were very friendly and keen to help. There is free internet access.

Breakfast on the terrace of the restaurant was quite pleasant, although the breakfast food choices are nothing to write home about. We had a nice lunch too at the restaurant.

The room was nice and modern.

During our stay, the hotel was really quiet with very few guests, it would have been nicer if there had been a bit more life around us.

The location isn't ideal, the hotel is not within walking distance of anything interesting in spite of what the website suggests. Tuk-tuks are however readily available and charged us US$3 per trip for 2 people.

We had a look at other hotels during our stay: The Lao Plaza hotel probably has the best location in the centre of town, but it is not very appealing. The Settha Palace, where we had an unimpressive dinner, is not really that luxurious or elegant and not worth the extra money in my opinion.

Therefore, I would recommend Green Park Hotel, this is also taking into account the lack of attractive alternatives in Vientiane !

• Stayed: February 2007
4  Thank CM002
Reviewed February 26, 2007

Lovely complex with staff anxious to provide excellent service. Not all perfect. Sited next to a piece of unattractive spare land with a pond - lots of mosquitos. Food was OK based on the food we ate in our room having walked out of the restaurant after a wait of 40 minutes while a a private party hosted (we understand) by the hotel proprietor. But, to be fair, the staff responded excellently and we were not charged for the meal. The hotel is relatively new and seemed to us to be still finding its feet, but the staff are trying very hard and ultimately privide a very enjoyable experience.

Stayed: February 2007
2  Thank Gil Patrick
Reviewed January 4, 2007

My wife and I with our 2 children (10 and 7) stayed at the Green Park in Vientiane in January 2007. It was peak season and the place was full.

Despite that, their personalized service just blew us away. We encountered excellent service at almost all the hotels we stayed in in Indo-China, but these guys were special, even by those inflated standards.

We needed photos for our visa application in Cambodia and realized this in Vientiane at 9 pm the night before our morning flight to Siem Reap. I went around town trying to look for an open place but all the shops were closed. Meanwhile, my wife spoke to the hotel's proprietor Mr. Thepharak. After about 5 minutes he called and personally drove my wife and children (in his spanking new Mercedes ) to a small convenience store that was still open. Meanwhile, when I returned, the hotel sent me out in another car to join them. Mr. T talked the store into doing our snaps and brought us back, insisting all the while that it was an honour to be able to help.

Packed breakfast was kept for us early the next morning. When I opened my room door, the porter was already standing outside in the dark to collect our bags. Checkout took 30 seconds.

Even my 10 year old son was impressed - " they are such NICE people" .

Vikram, Singapore