“It's guest house”

Ranked #7 of 93 Hotels in Vientiane
Bangkok
“It's guest house”
Reviewed May 5, 2007

I had to stay there for 3 nights and their facilities were limited. It was not like hotel, just 30 rooms guest house. There was no proper restaurant and difficult to access into the hotel from the town. Staffs were very poor english speakers. Room seemed to be new but housemaid was very bad skill. I also stay in Settha Palce which was much superior. I don't think I will come back to this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank LoveBangkok

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Ames, Iowa USA
Reviewed April 3, 2007

I stayed at the Green Park March 23-25 2007. It is beautifully constructed and furnished. The staff did every thing possible to make my stay pleasant. Breakfast is abundant and good quality. It includes very tasty local dishes. Seating on the outdoor terrace is very pleasant. The standard rooms are not large and lack somewhat in privacy, because of the arrangement on two sides of the pool. I was given a large room with good privacy but not a pleasant garden view. The hotel location is quiet and a good hike from the city center. The surroundings are pastoral at present but likely to change. A high-rise college structure is going up on one side. If you like peace and quiet, and would enjoy local design and decoration, you'll like this hotel. I thought it was an excellent value and I would return here if I were again in Vientiane.

1 Thank AmesISU
London
Reviewed March 9, 2007

Overall, I thought this was a nice place to stay in in Vientiane. It's not an international standard first class hotel, but then you are in Laos which has not yet caught up with the times (which is why the country is so charming).

The complex is attractive with a nice pool. Staff were very friendly and keen to help. There is free internet access.

Breakfast on the terrace of the restaurant was quite pleasant, although the breakfast food choices are nothing to write home about. We had a nice lunch too at the restaurant.

The room was nice and modern.

During our stay, the hotel was really quiet with very few guests, it would have been nicer if there had been a bit more life around us.

The location isn't ideal, the hotel is not within walking distance of anything interesting in spite of what the website suggests. Tuk-tuks are however readily available and charged us US$3 per trip for 2 people.

We had a look at other hotels during our stay: The Lao Plaza hotel probably has the best location in the centre of town, but it is not very appealing. The Settha Palace, where we had an unimpressive dinner, is not really that luxurious or elegant and not worth the extra money in my opinion.

Therefore, I would recommend Green Park Hotel, this is also taking into account the lack of attractive alternatives in Vientiane !

• Liked — Friendly and helpful staff, nice architecture and pool
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed February 2007
4 Thank CM002
Cornwall, England
Reviewed February 26, 2007

Lovely complex with staff anxious to provide excellent service. Not all perfect. Sited next to a piece of unattractive spare land with a pond - lots of mosquitos. Food was OK based on the food we ate in our room having walked out of the restaurant after a wait of 40 minutes while a a private party hosted (we understand) by the hotel proprietor. But, to be fair, the staff responded excellently and we were not charged for the meal. The hotel is relatively new and seemed to us to be still finding its feet, but the staff are trying very hard and ultimately privide a very enjoyable experience.

Stayed February 2007
2 Thank Gil Patrick
Singapore
Reviewed January 4, 2007

My wife and I with our 2 children (10 and 7) stayed at the Green Park in Vientiane in January 2007. It was peak season and the place was full.

Despite that, their personalized service just blew us away. We encountered excellent service at almost all the hotels we stayed in in Indo-China, but these guys were special, even by those inflated standards.

We needed photos for our visa application in Cambodia and realized this in Vientiane at 9 pm the night before our morning flight to Siem Reap. I went around town trying to look for an open place but all the shops were closed. Meanwhile, my wife spoke to the hotel's proprietor Mr. Thepharak. After about 5 minutes he called and personally drove my wife and children (in his spanking new Mercedes ) to a small convenience store that was still open. Meanwhile, when I returned, the hotel sent me out in another car to join them. Mr. T talked the store into doing our snaps and brought us back, insisting all the while that it was an honour to be able to help.

Packed breakfast was kept for us early the next morning. When I opened my room door, the porter was already standing outside in the dark to collect our bags. Checkout took 30 seconds.

Even my 10 year old son was impressed - " they are such NICE people" .

Vikram, Singapore

• Liked — Personalized sevice
  • Disliked — The trees are still new..once the they are leafier, the place will be even prettier
  • Tips/Secrets — If you have young children (Boys) check out the conveyor belt that gets food from the kitchen into the restaurant..they will find it cool.
  • Stayed January 2006, traveled with family
8 Thank V23
Berlin
Reviewed December 14, 2006

I spent two nights at the hotel as a tourist and really enjoyed the time there. The hotel is perfectly styled, the rooms are spacious, dark wooden furniture, great swimming pool.
The service is above-average, they really care a lot and try to make everything possible.

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — Location outside city center
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled solo
4 Thank xjn400
Brisbane
Reviewed May 28, 2006

My husband and I spent 3 days at Green Park Boutique Hotel in January this year. This is a gorgeously designed hotel with wonderful staff - in its own very special way it rivalled other beautiful hotels we have stayed in throughout Asia. The design of the hotel is beautiful contemporary Lao with separate pavilions housing the reception, restaurant/bar and spa, with connecting walkways travelling over a water course below that flows between the pavilions. The pool is amazing - it is huge with a large spa surrounded by maturing frangipani trees. The accommodation is beautiful in design with wooden floorboards, big/comfortable beds, stone bathrooms overlooking a garden area, high ceilings and a balcony overlooking the pool. The owners and staff were wonderfully kind driving us without notice to restaurants and places we wanted to visit and collecting us when we were done (the hotel is located a short drive from the main part of town). A wonderful Lao experience in beautiful surrounds!

• Stayed January 2006