We stayed here at the end of our trip in Cambodia - Laos - Vietnam, and this hotel was supposed to be the second best in Vientiane.
At first, this resort appeals, due to the traditional design and nice garden. When compared with the other hotels we stayed during our trip, this is the poorest one; rooms are "aged" and not that very clean (we had slippers that have been already used by other guests) and had to ask for shower gel.
The terrace was furnished with two, wooden chairs, a small coffee table and a small bench, however the area is only really suited for two, and three of us made it a little bit cramped. They only clean the room, but never the terrace with peanut shell left there from the night before. Besides we were eaten by the mosquitoes!!
Staff were generally friendly but mostly unqualified and one reception staff told us that they had zero training and just have to cope with demand.
Two things we felt that let Green Park down;
1. Location is on the outskirts of town but cabs available most of the time at the gate. The hotel is situated between two lots of water, stagnant and smelly in the dry season, so no shortage of mosquitoes all year round.
2. Pricing is steep, especially drinks. A really small local Beer is $3.50 including service and tax when a large one can be had for just over $1 at the shop opposite. It’s cheaper to drink in one of Bangkok’s five star hotels! Meals are expensive also. The food is pretty average.
There is a breakfast buffet every morning, with food that is average in selection and quality.
The reception staff asked us to write to, or contact a Mr. Thepharak, who was being introduced to us as the son of the owner and they told us that the hotel was only established in 2005, thus they needed more time to bring up standards. We trust that this hotel is only in a temporally down turn and will be better in the long run.
We agree with some of the other reviews that this is not at all an international standard hotel we are used to and can be considered at most a Guest House.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Green Park Boutique Hotel is capturing a Lao style orientation with a finest contemporary architecture of Laos. The elegance of the interiors, both historic and contemporary, and glorious settings are combined to create the most distinguished collection of stylish and luxury hotel in Vientiane.Green Park Boutique Hotel is perfectly located in the central business and embassy district, with a walking distance to Morning Marketing Shopping mall (Talat Sao Market) and tourist attractions. The hotel provides free of charge scheduled shuttle bus to city center as well as complimentary bicycles use to explore most of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Green Park Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Park Boutique Vientiane
- Hotel Green Park Boutique