“Good value”
Review of Dragon Lodge

Dragon Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Vientiane
Dragon Lodge
Ranked #68 of 93 Hotels in Vientiane
“Good value”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and were happy with the room, really big with hot water and a tv. The room is what to expect for this price level, it was much better than others we have stayed at.

The foyer area is really nice and has potential but it seems as though the hotel is a bit quiet. This wasnt an issue though as the location is amazing close to everything including the night market, which is a must

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank Emb39

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This hotel was an emergency solution, because most of the hotels were fully booked during this period. We only stayed 1 night because of our transit the next day to Pakse. When you enter the hotel all looks OK and lovely, the bar is nice and clean, the lights bring even some atmosphere. Too bad this all disappears when you enter the old, moldy rooms. We noticed before we went to bed that the windows of our room not even could get closed or locked, so breaking in in the room would have been very easy by just sliding the windows. As I said this was an Emergency solution and I am happy I didn't had to stay longer then 1 night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Vientiane hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 6, 2012

The lodge is located in the city centre, within walking distance to the riverside. There are banks nearby if you need to change money. Supermarkets and cafes are all within walking distance too. The rooms itself were a little old and the bed hard. The air-con for our room was noisy but at least the room was rather clean. In general, it is a decent place for someone on a tight budget.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 27, 2012

If you are looking for a highly affordable hotel with walking distance to the Riverside bars and restaurants or to the nearby awesome coffee house Joma, you should go for Dragon Lodge. Owned by a Singaporean who has been in Laos for the past few decades, he trains his staff very well to provide excellent information and bus bookings for your upcoming destinations. He can arrange for pickup and also send you off to the bus station. Great place for backpackers on a budget. Rooms comes with hot water, bed, towel, soap and a TV. Simple but cosy enough to rest up for the night.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on 1st floor if you have a heavy bag
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Adam P
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I've read some of the reviews here and I have to say I'm pretty surprised at some of the experiences here. My girlfriend and I have stayed here 3 times (2 on the same trip and one for a visa run). The place is no Hilton but for the price I would definitely not complain. Clean comfy beds, hot water, tv, AC for a good price. Unless you plan on spending your entire vacation inside a hotel room, I don't see any issues with this place. The wifi can be a little iffy but I'm starting to think that problem is all over Vientiane (even at the upscale cafes).
I like the atmosphere downstairs although it's usually empty. For those looking for a party place, this isn't really it, it has been extremely quiet each stay. Other than that, it has a pretty good location everything there is within a 5-10 minute walk. The manager is pretty good with questions. That's my 2 cents.

Room Tip: Don't take the room without windows unless you like to sleep in pitch black darkness.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mike M
Washington, DC
Reviewed March 2, 2012

But the rooms are pretty crummy and dark. Only if its the last room in town should you take number 305 (and presumably 205 and 405) as it has no windows and the A/C is weak.

The area downstairs looks like it could host a lively group of people, but during my 3 days stay I don't think I ever saw anyone down there. Maybe that changes which would certainly improve the place.

Room Tip: Do not take the ones without windows.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
UK
Reviewed February 2, 2012

The young hotel staff could not be any ruder. They were up till late at night shouting at their football video games in the lobby, which they were on every time I saw them, never once behind the reception. Kept us awake for hours. Appalling service at every turn, the guy that checked me in nearly had a fit when I demanded to pay for one night at a time. Should of left then and there. Room was the best we could find for the price, but the bathroom stank, the road noise was pretty bad, the AC was next to useless and I had to fix the TV. AVOID.

• Stayed January 2012