“Nice location , average rooms”
Review of Mali Namphu Hotel

Mali Namphu Hotel
Ranked #7 of 202 Vientiane B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Nicely located hotel. set around a courtyard. Rooms were average but reflected in the price. The shower unit broke at night and flooded the room but after 30minutes or so they put us in another room were i think the night staff were sleeping. Breakfast was good

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 3, 2012

stayed for 3 nights , great location , helpful staff and would have no problems
recommending this hotel ,
very nice breakast and clean and quiet rooms.
Have to say 3 days was more than enough to explore Vientianne as only a small city .

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paul s
Reviewed October 24, 2012

From the reviews on Tripadvisor we pretty much knew what to expect:

-Perfect location (very central)
-Good value
-Staff is alright, not amazing but not bad
-Very nice breakfast selection (included)
-Rooms could be renovated. Not disgusting, but not very nice either
-To access most rooms, you have to walk a lot of stairs

The WiFi was slow, but that's pretty much the case in entire Laos. Way too slow for Skype etc.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This guesthouse is like a home away from home. I had a room at the building with a courtyard where breakfast is served in a garden atmosphere. Breakfast is sufficient with many choices every morning - a real good way to begin a busy day. Staff were helpful in providing information (regarding directions to places of interest, dining and shopping) and in helping carry luggage to/from my room in the second floor. Wireless internet connection is available for free in the guest rooms. There are also available PCs at the lobby. Location of this Guesthouse is its best feature being located near the Cultural Center, National Museum, Wat Sisaket, night and morning markets , Mekong river and good restaurants and shops. This guesthouse is around 15 minutes drive from the international airport. I will definitely consider to stay in this guesthouse when I have the chance to visit Vientiane in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor of the building with a courtyard is quieter and with a balcony where one c...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed there for 3 nights during my trip to Laos. First day and also 9th and 10th day. Bathroom flooded during shower were happened on the first night, informed them i would like to change other room on my second time check in due to the irritating flood. Ok,when come to my second time check in after back from Luang Prabang,they insist to let me check in for the same room and mentioned the problem been fixed but actually they never fixit! After that i realised the fridge doesnt work and request to do so but too bad on 10th day after i came back from Nong Khai for day trip,everything remain. Really disappointed. Thats fine, when come to my check out during this morning, one of the staff suddenly show me an invoice for laundry service without room number written and insist i should pay 30000kip before i can check out. What the hell! I really fed up and luckily i did keep my whatever receipt nicely,I was able to show him and he dont even say sorry to me and just walk away. For airport transfer actually i was paid USD8 for taxi service but you guess what,they just use company staff pickup van to send me,i really fed up and speechless with their service.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank KianMing
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights since my planing was for 1 or 2 nights in vientiane, I found this hotel by friends who stayed before, and they was enjoined, so, I took this hotel, and it was great.
Staffs very friendly, full of information, especially Mr. NOI, a manager assistant.
Breakfast was great, you can take two choices that there are 8 types daily and drink ...
Hotel is near to the tourist seats ... restaurant and shopping center.

This is my first choice if I come to Laos again.

Room Tip: You can take this hotel as it is fair price and quiet place, ask for the room at the back building f...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Me and my friends booked for two rooms in this guesthouse months ahead before our trip, a month before our trip we had to cancel one room since my other friends can't join anymore and I informed Malinamphu and told me they understand and will cancel the other room. Upon arrival, they are telling us we booked for two rooms and when I showed the email conversation they said they forgot about it.

They informed us our room isnt available yet and we have to wait for few hours, but I appreciate that they suggested another room to take so we could rest and freshen up.

We asked them of the details of the places we were going but they seem like they don't know, its a bit tough to talk to them as well. And for a local call they charge you per minute.

Their internet doesn't reach our room which is on the third floor.

I would say their location is good since you can just walk and reach the tourist spots and a lot of restaurants around.

Lastly, our bus pick-up was at 630pm, and we wanted to extend our room until 6pm and pay for half day rate (12pm-6pm i.e. 5 hours only), but they want us to pay for a full day rate.

If you like a place to stay for a night and reach the tourist spots easily you can stay in this guesthouse but I suggest that you do advance research of the places you want to visit as the staff here won't be helpful.

Room Tip: We stayed in another guesthouse which is Aroon Residence which is way better
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends