Mali Namphu Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$72
$52
$26
$24
Agoda.com
All reviewsbuffet breakfast was greatgreat gardenmr samguest househighly recommend this lovely hotelgarden viewminutes walk to night marketgreat hot showerstrong wifithe room was nicehotel locatedswimming poolwat sisaketgreat wifienjoy your staycomfortable bedwithin walking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights since my planing was for 1 or 2 nights in vientiane, I found this hotel by friends who stayed before, and they was enjoined, so, I took this hotel, and it was great.
Staffs very friendly, full of information, especially Mr. NOI, a manager assistant.
Breakfast was great, you can take two choices that there are 8 types daily and drink ...
Hotel is near to the tourist seats ... restaurant and shopping center.

This is my first choice if I come to Laos again.

Room Tip: You can take this hotel as it is fair price and quiet place, ask for the room at the back building for looking to the courtyard and relaxing, reading on your free time.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Me and my friends booked for two rooms in this guesthouse months ahead before our trip, a month before our trip we had to cancel one room since my other friends can't join anymore and I informed Malinamphu and told me they understand and will cancel the other room. Upon arrival, they are telling us we booked for two rooms and when I showed the email conversation they said they forgot about it.

They informed us our room isnt available yet and we have to wait for few hours, but I appreciate that they suggested another room to take so we could rest and freshen up.

We asked them of the details of the places we were going but they seem like they don't know, its a bit tough to talk to them as well. And for a local call they charge you per minute.

Their internet doesn't reach our room which is on the third floor.

I would say their location is good since you can just walk and reach the tourist spots and a lot of restaurants around.

Lastly, our bus pick-up was at 630pm, and we wanted to extend our room until 6pm and pay for half day rate (12pm-6pm i.e. 5 hours only), but they want us to pay for a full day rate.

If you like a place to stay for a night and reach the tourist spots easily you can stay in this guesthouse but I suggest that you do advance research of the places you want to visit as the staff here won't be helpful.

Room Tip: We stayed in another guesthouse which is Aroon Residence which is way better
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank gee0801
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Stayed here for three nights in July 2012. Location is excellent, lots of cafes and restaurants within walking distance. Vientiane is very small anyway. Overall for the price its good value with breakfast included in the rate and complimentary bottled water daily. Rooms overlook a courtyard, have good aircon and free wifi throughout the building. I would be inclined to say that the rooms are in need of a refresh in that the decor is very old. The bathroom in particular was very jaded looking. Also the building is four storeys without an elevator so it isn't a suitable place for those with mobility problems. Reception staff are very helpful they can assist with purchase of bus tickets etc. and have reasonable English. At the moment there seems to be construction work going on a ground floor and in the building next door, which starts around 8 am. Other than that, I would stay at Mali Namphu Guest House in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Good location nice rooms (if a bit small) nice if small breakfast courtyard is a added bonus I found the staff very helpful and friendly close to some small local restaurants overall a bit above my budget but worth the splash out for a couple of nights

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank donal f
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights in a single room which was fairly small but the bed was comfy and the room was very clean though a little tired. Breakfast was included which was fine and there was a small fridge in the room which was nice. Location wise there were restaurants and shops in the immediate area.I travelled solo and felt very safe walking around the area even at night.

The staff were friendly and helpful. I used the laundry service which was a little pricey at 30,000 per kilo compared to elsewhere in Laos but it came back the same day and couldn't fault the service.

This is very clean and basic but I did wonder if I had spent more time looking I think that I might have been able to get something a little nicer for the money however I would stay here again if I travel with someone else as the courtyard rooms looked a little nicer for not much more money.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo