All reviews air conditioning works budget hotel cable tv rooms are clean laos
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I think some of the reviewers might have slightly high expectations. This place is only a few dollars more than a hostel and it is much better. The staff and very friendly.helped us with maps sights and booking a bus. Bus was slightly more than travel agents but included pick up. Breakfast was good. They let us check in at 8am and even gave us breakfast that day aswell! Location is perfect right in the heart of the city and sights. would come back for sure

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tommy G
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The reception staff are great; really helpful. The breakfast staff? Not so much! And the breakfast itself was awful too. The whole place is pretty grotty and uncared for. The sheets in the supposedly freshly cleaned room after we checked in were covered in stains, for example. If you're wanting to stay somewhere cheap yet clean here, then you're off waiting until you arrive in Vientiane and asking to stay at one of the guesthouses.

The location is pretty handy, but then again Vientiane is pretty small, so that's not a big issue.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank zimzimma
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The hotel that I had made reservations with made a snafu and did not have a room for me when I arrived. Instead the booked me for a night at this hotel.

I was placed in a room that tucked away over some small inner courtyard and was boxed in by other buildings on each side. The AC was so loud that I could not sleep but had to put in my noise cancelling headset. It was also so dirty that I did want to walk on the floor without shoes. I also did not sleep in the sheets but in my sleeping bag, At 7 am I was woken up by the construction that was going on outside my window.

I would not say here again even if they paid me.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank mer94618
Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

I personally loved this hotel. Ok, it is a bit old, but it is clean, everything works like it is supposed to and there is just enough space in the room.
The service of the staff was amazing, breakfast was fine and the location is really good. The hotel had everything I want and for a very reasonable price!

Date of stay: December 2012
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We booked this hotel after a lot of consideration. The reviews for hotels in Vientiane were so mixed it was very difficult to make a decision. We didn’t want to arrive in Vientiane and have to lug our bags around looking for a decent hotel or guesthouse, so we eventually settled on the New Lao Paris Hotel and booked online through Agoda. First of all there is no in-room safe as mentioned in the description. There is no cable TV, it picked up the same 3 channels and even these were very unclear, and we had to ask for the complimentary water. The air con leaked in the room and the shower went from hot, to cold, to nothing, to hot to cold, repeatedly. The room itself is quite large and the Wifi works, however it is incredibly slow. The fridge was also covered in mould, and when you leave the room the fridge turns off with the rest of the power. The hotel is not a bad hotel, it is just that for the price you pay you are really not getting what you pay for. We looked around at many hotels and guesthouses and for the same price and cheaper there are some nicer hotels around Vientiane. It is nice to be able to sit out on the balcony and the room was nice and bright. Breakfast was good and exactly enough to fill you up. You get 2 eggs, butter, jam and a baguette, the eggs are cooked for you when you arrive downstairs for breakfast and are accompanied by tea and coffee.

Date of stay: June 2012