“Near Patuxai gate,but far from centre of tourist's area.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Villa Sisavad

Villa Sisavad
Ranked #39 of 197 Vientiane B&B and Inns
Bangkok, Thailand
“Near Patuxai gate,but far from centre of tourist's area.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Room is ok and clean.
Hotel's location is little hard to find because it's not in the map.
It's near Victory Gate (Patuxai gate).But far from centre of tourist's area.(Numphu)
If you'll stay here for long time,you should rent a motorbike.

Around there has some food carts and small food shops for local,so you can find cheap food in daytime. At hotel has fee wi-fi but poor signal.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

The room was a decent size and clean the fridge was restocked with water each day after house keeping had been in. The bathroom was good, hot shower, no mosquitos. The ac was great but the wifi sometimes cut out, but hey ths is Laos. The swimming pool was great to have, wasn't completeley void of leaves but that's to be expected. The real problem for me was the location it was a 20 minute walk into the centre which is a bit far especially in the heat. Although there are places to eat at lunchtime around the hotel there isn't much at night for tea so a walk into town had to be done. Overall it was good, only issues for me was in the internet cutting out and the location. If you want a swimming pool your choices are limited but if not i would find somewhere closer to the centre.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank AndyH09
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Room outdated, but ok for budget travellers. Good sized bed, AC, a TV, fridge, desk and chair, and an old dirty closet (did not use). Bathroom full of mosquitos, no netting. WiFi extremely slow. Swimming pool not cleaned regularly. Staff has minimal English. Nice places for lunch around the area. Overall, safe place to stay, a bit far from city centre, and needs updating. Price should be a little less for the amenities and services offered.

• Stayed May 2012

Travelers are raving about these Vientiane hotels

South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

We had arrived a bit early as we had taken the train to Nong khai and got through the border with no queues. We got there at 10 and we were told that we could check in in an hour. So we decided to go for a swim and have breakfast. After and hour we came back inside and asked if we could go to our room yet? We were then told that we could only check in at 12. Which would not have bothered me had they said that to begin with. So I was a bit annoyed but I decided I was tired and it was my own fault for arriving so early, so I was not going to let that make my decision on the hotel. In the end they came and got us at 11:30, as I had fallen asleep on their table I was immensely grateful for this. We went into our room which was the furthest to the right. It looked good and had a tv, the wi fi was connected and it had a fridge and aircon the bed felt soft and all was right in my world. The room is a good size and so was the bed. But the mattress was on the thin side. The bathroom was perpetually full of Mosquitos. But the pool was great and it was in perfect walking distance to everything we wanted to see. But then my husbands favorite t-shirt went missing and we reported it to the people at front desk. They called the interpreter and all started searching. Eventually after going through my bags a few times and even lifting the mattress in our rooms we gave it up and went out for supper. The next morning it was back. This was very strange and the only reason I mention it is that we still don't understand what happened. Then the next day we were swimming when my husband found a huge chunk of broken glass in the pool. We left it on the coffee table at the pool as there was no one around to report it to.
I have to say I really wanted to love this place. But in the end I don't think I will as I was disappointed with many things in this guest house. If you are not looking for anything amazing this is the perfect place but it is a bit too rundown for my likes.

I also want to say this was my experience and if you have a better one please say so. Everyone sees the world through their own eyes.

Room Tip: Some tuk tuk drivers will charge you 50 000 kip to go anywhere but the normal price is 30 000 all yo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fleur S
Wroclaw, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Friendly staff, clean rooms, wifi and swimming pool for 120.000kip is good! Wifi is slow, sometimes don't work but generally is useful. Staff seems to be friendly, rooms has aircon, they have a nice sitting area... location is not in the center, but there is everything you need around, and to sum up it's not that far from the center, as Vientiane isn't a huge city. To compare, for night before we paid 80.000 kip for hot room, with extremaly loud fun, super dirty room & bathroom with window to corridor with worms on the walls! If you compare these two with 40.000kip difference... it's really good value!

Room Tip: Swimming pool! :)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

We arrived really early on the day our booking commenced (0700) but we were able to check in within an hour after the room was cleaned after the previous occupants left. The rooms are a decent size, with ensuite, tv, fridge and ac. The beds are super comfy and I also found the perfect pillow here! so much so I considered whether they would miss it when I left! Leaving the best pillow behind, the breakfast is decent, even if they are not sure how to convert US dollars to Kip, we got charged two different amounts! The staff are friendly, there is no lunch or evening meals served here but there are plenty of places to eat in the immediate area. The swimming pool desperately needs a refurb, I would not want to scratch myself on the numerous broken tiles and I am not sure when they last changed the water but it is lovely after a hot day exploring beautiful Vientiane. Just don't swallow the water or get too near the tiles! The internet is infuriatingly slow!!!!! but I would stay here again as I think it is a brilliant little place for the price!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed here twice in six months, all down to renewing our visas for Thailand. The first time we were taken aback slightly at the ‘wonky’ electrics and shower head coming away from the wall, but for $15 a night we couldn’t complain really. This is South East Asia and if you want a five-star resort you have to pay the price for one.

Villa Sisivad, however, is a 2-3 star hotel. Bear in mind that the star rating should be taken with a pinch of salt in Laos, but the bedding was clean, the air con was ice-cold and the black-out screens in the room made for a great night’s sleep. It was quite a quiet road and our room was set as far as possible for it, so only the ‘peep’ of the fresh bread seller’s motorbike horn could be heard.
The staff were friendly, if yet a little bothered by our stay. Although the description listed a ‘restaurant’ and breakfast, it wasn’t available and we had to go out to find food. As mentioned, though, the bread sellers have the most mouth-watering of fresh baguettes, meats and fruit so you can have a small sandwich to kick-start your day.
The swimming pool was clean and very cold which was great in the searing 40 degree heat. The staff seem to be more interested in plying you with beer (Laos beer is still one of my favourite beers), while you’re in the pool, oddly. The WiFi was very quick in comparison to Thailand’s fragile networks, and as it was included in the price of the room it was another bonus.
The biggest drawback of Sisivad is the distance from the centre of Vientienne, but that is reflected in the price per room. It doesn’t sound that far in terms of mileage but walking in the intense heat is draining. This, unfortunately, is the best way to get around as the tuk-tuks tend to charge Westerners the equivalent of £10 per mile, and we weren’t the only ones to fall for this.

In short, clean bedding but the rooms were a little rough around the edges. Pool and Internet (and beer) were good, and the staff were so-so. The distance from the city centre is a bind but to save a little money, it’s what you have to do.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple