“:D:D:D”

and 1 more site!
Backpackers Garden
Ranked #13 of 113 Specialty Lodging in Vientiane
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Absolutly amazing people and the atmpsphere, great place to play badminton and hang out with great people, very clean and interesting place, good location too, staff very helpful and easygoing.Thanks for everything, will be back for sure!:D Gosia, Poland

1  Thank malgosiareka

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Had such a great time here and met some special people. The staff is around 24/7 for anything you need and they absolutely rock. You're close to everything you need as well, and if you have any questions they'll get you sorted. Shout out to the entire staff!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank JayPrimera
Reviewed March 23, 2014

After arriving in Vientiane on the sleeper bus from Pakse, I splurged on a touk touk to this place. They took me to the other Sihome though and by the time I realized my mistake I had to walk anyway. I went the wrong way (my mistake) and ended up arriving a few hours later, but I got to know Vientiane really well. This place had the required "good vibe" and was great to chill at. There isn't much to do in Vientiane, but I walked to the night market from the hostel and came back to the hostel pretty early. I took over the one hammock and ended up talking to some pretty cool fellow dormers. I only stayed one night, before I booked a bus to Vang Vieng through them. Oh, the staff is pretty friendly as well; spot on lads.

1  Thank John M
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Vientiane isn't such an exciting city but this hostel made up for it. Before even arriving, I got a good vibe. As another backpacker and I were walking to the hostel, we ran into the owner Phillip. He knew we were making our way there(probably due to the backpacks and the way we were heading) so he introduced himself and pointed us to the right direction! A very happy and friendly guy he is! He is willing to help you out as well! A few of us wanted to go to Buddha Park, so he got us a tuktuk for a good price! The atmosphere of the hostel is great; very welcoming, artsy and chill. There's colorful graffiti/artwork on the walls from travelers that stayed there from all around the world. There's also a volleyball net and a movie room. The wifi throughout the hostel worked great for me at all times. The rooms are nice. I stayed in an all girls dorm. They provide you with sheets and a pillow and each bed has it's own light and outlet. There's also a locker underneath the beds (bring your own lock or you can buy one at reception), not the securest system. There are cameras but still, if someone were to steal they'd probably be long gone. But still some sort of locker is better than nothing! In the morning, you get free breakfast with your stay! You get a 3 or 4 different options along with tea or coffee. They have a menu you can order food from there as well throughout the day. You can also rent a towel if needed and purchase bus tickets at reception! Great place! Would stay there again if I ever find myself back in Vientiane.

1  Thank rnamyn2
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Great food (with extra love), Great staff, Great people, Great beds, Great price and a wicked flow of new and returning people! You will feel at home instantly!
I was going to end my review there but 200 characters are required
Cheers

Room Tip: A dorm ( red, yellow etc )
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank matt c
Reviewed March 15, 2014

My friend and I wanted to spend just one night in Vientiane, but thanks to Sihome Backpackers Hostel we decided to stay there for the entire week))) Located in the heart if the city, with all the temples and markets in walkable distance, this hostel has a unique atmosphere of friendliness! Youngsters keep moving in and moving out, the stuff remains absolutely adorable))) The dormitory rooms and showers are clean and decorated in a nice way, the breakfast included is cooked with love haha) It feels like you live in a big hippie family, where everybody respects each other, which is important. If you want, you can have privacy, or if you decide to go extravert in the evening, there will always be somebody drinking tea in so called ‘wisdom corner’;) Totally recommend this place!

Room Tip: We stayed at the first floor in an 8-bed dormitory room right next to ‘the wisdom corner’, the sheet...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gadget_Hackwrench_89
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Stayed for two nights in February. traveled as a 21 year old and a 53 year old pair. Both me and my mother were pleasantly pleased with this hostel. The art that decorates the hostel is lovely for the eyes, and the staff were super friendly and ready to answer any questions I had. they made sure to say goodbye when we left which was really nice. Played Badminton out back which was awesome, however didn't get a chance to use the movie room. stayed in a female only dorm and it did its job, the only thing I would like to see is A mirror in the bathroom down the hall :) few other small things, but nothing worth making a fuss over. Hope to be back some day!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family