“Modern Tapas in Vientiane”
Review of Pimenton

Pimenton
Ranked #9 of 412 Restaurants in Vientiane
Cuisines: Spanish, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: With emphasis on local, organic sourcing and simple presentations, Pimenton redefines the modern Open Fire steakhouse with an Hispanic flair. The ambiance is at once a tribute to a restored warehouse and the aesthetics of an modern industrial look.
Reviewed July 6, 2014

great menu, excellent service. Mojitos are very good! Modern decor and consistently good tapas. Nothing else like this in Vientiane.

4  Thank JoAndMio

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Went there with my wife for a lunch. The menu featured a fish dish which was sold out - for me a compliment to the kitchen. My wife took the waitress' advice and went for a three-course special featuring fish as the main course. I had a Ceasar salad to start with followed by a burger. The entire lunch was one big delight, complemented by a Italian mineral water. Although the bill was not hitting USD 30 for the entire treat we were pampered by lovely staff and fantastic food. Thanks to the management and staff, we've been there before and we shall be back again during our next stay in Vientiane.

1  Thank Peter F
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

I'll admit it, I ordered a pretty top end steak but it tasted very top end!

The staff here were attentive to my every need (something that isn't always guaranteed in Laos), the food was world class, easily meeting anything at the higher end (but not the very top) I've had in London or New York. I had the Canadian Ribeye and it was cooked and seasoned perfectly. It had that quality of exceptional beef where it just melts at the merest touch of your molars and delivers the rich taste of well reared and well hung beef all over your palate and lingers there developing in taste before you take your next bite. I also liked their complimentary starter of baguette with a most delicious garlic mayonnaise dip.

Expect to spend as much as you would in the UK but to receive excellence in food beyond that.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

While steak on the grill seems to be the main part of the business, Pimenton also has a good tapas menu. This is what we chose from. The food was a mix of typical tapas with a few creative additions. Everything we had was very good. Service was professional and friendly. Pimenton also offers the best wine menu I experienced in Vientienne.

1  Thank BMF60
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Didn't get into the extensive steak/meat side of the menu but really enjoyed the tapas dishes. All very good and original (for a non-Spanish diner). Great selection of wine. Very amiable host/owner.

1  Thank ByronO33