“Neat, new, good value and close to the action”

Ibis Vientiane Nam Phu Hotel
Ranked #6 of 93 Hotels in Vientiane
Pattaya, Chon Buri, Thailand
“Neat, new, good value and close to the action”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great value little hotel.
Rooms modern, compact, neat and tidy, Comfortable bed - I like them firm but not like a plank.
Hotel staff were very, very polite, accommodating and had a great command of the English language.
The hotel is situated close to the river on one of the main streets near some of the best bars, restaurants - right next to the fountain which is an entertainment area.
Buffet breakfast is good for around USD10.00. Of course you can do a lot better for price if you head out and get a feed at any of the local places but it would be hard to beat if you wake up in the morning and need something fast.
The rooms facing the street can be a little noisy fro the sound of traffic, otherwise great all round value.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Prague
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Under normal circumstances I would probably have given the hotel 4 stars but I am giving it 5 because in its price category I think it is an excellent choice. Some have discussed the small rooms and perhaps for a couple or two friends it might be a bit of a squeeze but for one person the room is more than adequate. There is ample space for clothes. Everything including the internet worked well. The cleaning staff did a great job. Others talked about a smell in the lobby and I never experienced it at all. The fifth star I have awarded the hotel is because of the staff who are so kind and helpful and always had a smile on their faces. In particular the Assistant Front Office Manager Ms. Rina Hinosawa is one of the most outstanding employees I have ever come across in all my years of traveling and coming from someone who most years stays in hotels over 200 nights a year that is high praise indeed. For those looking for a luxury, pretentious grand hotel this is not for you but for this great value hotel in a fantastic location that is simple and comfortable it is a good choice.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank hotelmonster88
Suzie S, General Manager at Ibis Vientiane Nam Phu Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Member of TripAdvisor

Thank you very much for your favorable comments.
Ibis hotel rooms are smaller if compare with other hotels as Ibis concept. The brand standard is between 17sqm to 19 sqm and our hotel was built in accordance with Ibis design standard including bathroom design, desk and work area, shelves and room entrance etc. It is compact however I believe it is well designed and convenient. It represent image of young, pop & modern, simple and affordable to majorities travelling for business and leisure purposes.
Ibis is Accor’s economy brand (Sofitel brand is upper scale, Novotel brand is mid-scale and Ibis brand is economy brand), the price range set accordingly to the brand in conjunction with market situations.

We emphasizes on friendliness services, and I was happy to found the employee’s name, Rina. I am sure this will motivate her a lot and she can be a good example for the rest of team. We are very proud of having Rina with us, as she is efficient and friendly at same time.

Rina and all staff of Ibis Vientiane are looking forward to welcome you again in the future.

With warmest regards,

Suzie SHIOYAMA
vancouver
Reviewed May 20, 2014

The room was small, clean and quiet. The staff was very good. There are lots of restaurants on Setthathilath Street and around the Night Market. The hotel charges $10 USD for breakfast and $1.50 USD per page to print boarding passes.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We were in Vientiane from the 3-5 May, 3 nights in Ibis. My opinion:
Location: Great! Nam Phu Square...everything is walking distance...Scandinavian bakery, Lao Kitchen, Night Market, Belgian Beer and all the other temples....however it does not make much of a difference as we stayed a night on our return to India in Green Park Boutique(which was unavailable on the above mentioned dates) and they provide a shuttle every hour to and fro from the square.

Service: Average as once cannot and there is not much to do in the hotel.

Rooms: Expect the regular Ibis standard rooms. However, the bathroom has 24 hour stink for some odd reason. Even after they clean it. The bathrooms are clean and spotless. But the smell is there. I guess it is a drainage issue.

Staff is helpful: They take the pain to explain where to go and what to see and give recommendations about what to do.

Currency: cheap option to stay with clean and spotless rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Suzie S, General Manager at Ibis Vientiane Nam Phu Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Tripadvisor member,

Thank you for your very thoughtfulness comments. We always consider voices of guests are asset for us. We want to grow along with guests' wishes and recommendations and as much as possible, we are trying to rectify or improve according to our guests. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Sincerely yours

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Hello,

I was travelling to Vientiane on business and liked my previous stay with Ibis so much that I was willing to stay with them again. The room was the same decor as the Bangkok, Sathorn Ibis which is comforting for some odd reason. The internet was surprisingly better than the one in Bangkok even though Laos's infrastructure in general leaves something to be desired. I did not have the breakfast here and instead opted for a nice French Cafe across the street named Jumo. The staff were excellent and since I arrived at 9am informed me that I couldn't check in because the room was not ready but they allowed us to leave our bags there so we could go exploring. The Ibis is just on the outer edge of 'town' which is good because you don't get the hustle and bustle but can still walk to town. I was on the second floor which was fine and there was no noise from the street below. The checkout was quick and easy and the Tuk Tuk to the bus station is only 50 meters away.

I was however disappointing that the lobby of the hotel smelled of raw sewage when I was there but you're never in the lobby for more than 5 minutes anyway. It is worth mentioning that the food is served in the room joining the lobby which may put some off from eating at the restaurant.

Overall though it was a good stay and I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Tripadvisor member,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor about your recent stay at the Ibis Vientiane Nam Phu.
We very much appreciate your constructive comment on smelly lobby our Housekeeping Manager has been seriously noted and he will surely workout a proper solution to take immediately action to permanently rectify the problem. Again, thank you for your comments and also recommending our hotel. The entire team of the Ibis wish to welcome you back soon.
Sincerely yours,

Penticton, Canada
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We spent two nights here and really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is centrally located near the night market and many restaurants etc. The room was clean and had a small fridge and flat screen TV. The bed was very comfortable and soft which was a real treat compared to the rock hard beds we had been used to . The staff were all really friendly and helpful. The wifi worked really well during our stay. If you are taking the bus here , they will drop you off just a few blocks away and you can walk, there is no need to take a TukTuk. The only negative of our stay was that we were charged $3 to print our boarding pass. They have free computers in the lobby you can use if you don't have a laptop. If you are headed to the Thai laos border give yourself lot's of time as it is extremely busy and frustrating. We had 4 hours and still ended up missing our nok air flight to Bangkok.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed May 7, 2014

This is my first time here at Ibis Vientiane Nam Phu, but not first time in Vientiane.

Location: Good, in mid of the city, lot of restaurants and cafe nearby. Also within walking distance (5-10 minutes) to night market.

Room: Not clean enough, I found few bugs on toilet's floor (dead). Room size is very small esp compared with the price you have to pay. With the same price, you can get a lot bigger room in many other hotels in Vientiane. The room I got has a window on the side of the room (weird placement) and can't be open. Difficult to take a fresh breath in room.

Price: I got a promotion price of USD 35. The daily rate at front desk on that day (I needed another room, but chose not to take it though) was USD 72 (I also had Accor Advantage Plus membership card). And you will get very tiny room compared with other iBis hotels worldwide.

Staffs: Most of them are friendly and speak English well. I found out that there're staffs from Myanmar, Ukraine, Mexico, Japan, France, etc. Some of them needed more experiences on how to handle and serve the guests. But most of them were fine.

Breakfast Buffet: Good taste, well selection, and good services. (Except when a staff asked me to show AA Plus card at 10:30AM since they had to clear the bills. I just took breakfast at 10:15AM so I had to walk up to room to get the card -- Can't you wait until check-out time at noon, since anyway this breakfast was charged to my room)

Overall, staffs are good and friendly. Location is acceptable. But the price is too expensive compared with what you will get and what you can get from other hotels at the same price in Vientiane.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank steammilk
Suzie S, General Manager at Ibis Vientiane Nam Phu Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Tripadvisor member,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing ibis Vientiane Nam Phu.

Thank you for taking your valued time to inform us of some difficulties you have encountered during your recent stay with us. We are indeed sorry for the inconvenience caused. I just would like to make understanding to inform you that Ibis brand is an economy hotel and we are one of the INTERNATIONAL hotel chain where all ibis hotels are the same concept and standardize, even for room size and services.
On the other hand, we are very much appreciated your scoring related to Room’s cleanliness, room price which did not meet your expectation. These issues have been well noted. Kindly rest assured that our Housekeeper and people concerned have been seriously briefed and find solution. They will take appropriate actions plus conduct appropriate training to all staff members to ensure that we serve you better in the future. Please accept my deepest apologies regarding these matters.
Lastly, it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback of helpful and friendly of staff members. We will share your comments with our team. We are sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Please remember, the voice of customers has top priority at our hotel. Even if we cannot find full solution at the particular time, we keep in view for future possible project, as we may be find good opportunities to follow.

Sincerely yours