“Far the best condition”

Dream Home Hostel 2
Perth, Australia
“Far the best condition”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Wifi great. Clean room. Cheap beer across the road. Air con is cold. Shower has excellent pressure and hot. Bed sheet is soft. We even had a tv and fridge in our room. I saw they also put movie on. Not too noisy for sleep. Not too quiet for a drink and party. (We had private double).
Far the best condition hostel I ever stayed in.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank yem27

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Gainesville, Georgia
Reviewed April 14, 2014

You get what you pay for here. It was super cheap and you know why when you get there and see it with your own eyes. The AC is only on certain times of the day which was rough when I was trying to take a nap in the hot afternoon. The staff walks into your room when ever they want and for no real reason. They started cleaning the bathrooms at 7am which were right across the hall from my room and consisted of banging things around. You have to slam the door shut to keep it close and there was no lock. It seemed there were nicer place around for a little extra which I will gladly pay for next time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank dchantlos
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2014

The staff were all very nice people and always willing to help. I stayed in a 4-bed dorm for 60 000 kip (including breakfast), for 4 nights... if you are on a budget, there are cheaper dorms available nearby.

With strong wi-fi, an air conditioned movie room and a pool table, it's great for solo travellers. They also have private rooms available.

Nice big lockers under the bunk beds for you to lock away your entire backpack during the day. Each bed is equipped with a personal light and energy socket... very convenient!

Also, the showers was probably one of the highlights of my stay: Big round overhead shower heads!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 2, 2014

My stay at Sihome Backpackers was extraordinarily pleasant. I have traveled throughout South East Asia and have stayed in countless hostels. Sihome Backpackers is by far my favorite, for many reasons. Everyone was very friendly, and they all speak English. The owner, Ngoc, was extremely helpful when I needed to get a Visa to Myanmar. Ngoc printed the visa application for me to fill on the spot, and in three days, I had a Visa to go to Myanmar. Her staff personally dropped off my application to the Myanmar Embassy. They also picked it up. I never had to step foot inside of the Myanmar embassy – her staff did all of the work!

I originally planned to stay at Sihome Backpackers for only two nights, but I ended up staying five nights. The location of Sihome Backpakers is ideal if you seek great bars, as well as very local restaurants. Moreover, Sihome Backpackers rent bicycles. For a little over $1.50 cent, you can rent a bicycle for 24 hours. This is an excellent way to see the City during the day, and at night.

What makes Sihome Backpackers so special is the fact that all of the rooms are located on the second and third floor, which means that all outside noise is pretty much canceled out, and the rooms are extremely quite at night. The beds were also very comfortable, and the bathrooms as well as the showers were exceptionally clean. I highly recommend Sihome Backpackers!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed March 28, 2014

My friend and i come to Vientian sometime, we have ever stayed in some hotel, hostel. This is the second time in Sihome backpacker hostel. We are very happy. It is like my home far from my home, we also make friend with many friend guests here. Good price, good location, clean, good service are enough for our choosing. Thanks again to all staffs and if we have next time, we still choose your place again.

• Stayed March 2014
Arlington hts
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Do not leave your phone in the room, my SIMM card was stolen from my phone and I did not turn it on again until I got home and found out. That means someone entered the room removed the the back of my phone took the card, put the phone back together and put it back in my bag. They could have just taken my I pad, but then I would have noticed that. The phone calls from my card started the day I checked out.

Stayed January 2014
5 Thank Jay W
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The whole place looks nice and new and it's very social (pool table, movie chill out room) so great to meet other travellers. But overpriced to my opinion, even though breakfast is included. Dorm rooms are small, there's only three showers for all floors and they took the remote of the aircon away to switch it on only during night time so staying in your room at daytime is unbearable due to the heat. They also charge higher prices for drinks than the store across.. Feels a bit unfair towards the guests. If you don't care about meeting other people and can do with a little less cleanliness, stay in one of the hotels closer to the center (though Sihome is walking distance) with private rooms for less money.

Stayed March 2014