“Nice food in a peaceful setting”
Review of Cuisine D'Or Vegetarian - CLOSED

Cuisine D'Or Vegetarian
Reviewed August 15, 2013

It was quiet when I visited this restaurant (just after a huge rainstorm) and just one other couple there. The menu had many options on it and I chose the 'chicken' with mushroom and ginger. It was good and seasoned nicely. The staff were polite and attentive.

There are newer reviews for Cuisine D'Or Vegetarian

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We spent a week in Vientiane and visited this place 5-6 times in total. We therefore tried quite a few things on the menu.

I guess the fact that we returned more than once says enough. We really enjoyed ever meal that we ate there. Favourites were the fresh spring rolls and Tom Yum Soup. We also had a noodle soup one night which was excellent but I cannot remember the exact name.

We also tried quite a few of the fresh fruit shakes. My favourite was the dragonfruit, banana and lime! Yum.

I am really glad that there such great vegan options in Vientiane. I would definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is a pure vegetarian restaurant using soy, gluten and tofu as “mock meat” with a range of Lao and western dishes ranging from mock chicken and ginger to spaghetti and sausages . The menu is extensive and full of photographs. There is a small choice of soft drinks and beer laos and a negligible dessert menu. The setting is peaceful – a green, open air restaurant with wooden tables and the option to sit inside. Overall, the food quality is reasonable. For me, the dishes don’t quite measure up despite being generous and flavoursome. Perhaps they are all a bit too much like variations on a vegetable stew. Early in the evening the place lacks ambience despite the setting – very few people were at the restaurant (although I was there early – before 7pm). After dark it gets more lively and the garden is nicely lit but I find it a bit lonely and depressing – maybe it’s the jetlag, not the restaurant. Still, worth a look if you’re vegetarian and want a night off from negotiating the hazards of hidden fish sauce.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

This restaurant was so good we went three times. They have a huge variety of fresh veggie and fruit shakes. The imitation fish and meat dishes were absolutely delicious. We tried a variety of different main dishes and they were all fabulous. I would recommend it to everybody it was so tasty. The portions were generous and it was good value for money.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Both vegetarians, we were looking for a vegetarian restaurant close to our guesthouse in Vientiane. So happy we found this place. Big portions, fresh & tasty food and absolutely reasonable prices. Nice garden restaurant, free WiFi and clean facilities. We'll come back and can highly recommend this place!