All reviewsboutique hotelbeautiful hotelpremier roomnight marketcolonial stylefree airport shuttlemekong riverphorooms are hugein easy walking distancelovely boutiquestayed for two nightscomfortable bedbreakfast buffetthe location is perfectcentral vientianeyogurt
Reviewed July 30, 2017

The Dhavara Hotel is highly recommended. The free airport transfers, efficient friendly staff, excellent breakfast and Wifi connection to rooms, clean and spacious. The rooms are large, and well appointed. The décor throughout the hotel adds to its charm. There are many hotels in Vientiane that now cater to this boutique level of comfort (3-4 star) and Dhavara is a good choice amongst others in Vientiane. The hotel is in a good location, within easy walking distance to the riverside restaurants, market and other night life. Dhavara staff can also assist with your travel arrangements around Vientiane or onwards journey.

Room Tip: Request a room away from main street side of hotel if traffic noise could be a problem for you
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2017

This is a class boutique hotel – French colonial in style with marble tiling and solid wood floors and staircases – we were in a Premier room a cavernous 59 sqm very tastefully appointed with teak furniture, upholstered casual chairs and an oriental loose carpet – comfortable bed – huge bathroom and quality amenities - excellent in room fast WiFi - the breakfast included in our rate was also exceptional with Asian, Continental and English options – caring management and very helpful staff – well positioned in central downtown - we could not want more – very highly recommended

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2017

On our way to the historic villiage of Luang Prabang in Laos, my husband and I stopped for a couple nights in the capital of Laos, Vientiane. The Dhavara Hotel did not disappoint. This beautiful property is a well preserved piece of French Colonial architecture that still has an air of elegance and service from another time. The family that own and operate this Hotel are lovely and also own Villa Santi in Luang Prabang. Location was great and service awesome. Thanks Mimi!

Room Tip: Our room with balcony was beautiful!
  • Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2017 via mobile

This place is GORGEOUS!!! EVERY detail is thought through. Decor is period authentic, real beautiful wood. iPod dock station in the room. Granite in the beautiful bathrooms and super comfortable bed. Well kept building and impressively SUPER CLEAN. Tinoy at the front desk even brought a Wi-Fi router to our room. Staff even bring a dessert/snack in the evening to your room. The breakfast was really worth it, no cheap foods. Close to everything in the town and water front. I love this place and would DEFINITELY stay again. Worth every penny.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2017 via mobile

This hotel was actually an oasis for me a couple of weeks ago when I stayed. I had been staying in a house in the Naxay district of Vientiane, provided by my employer while I completed a contract in the city. Towards the end of my contract, my wife surprised me with a visit for my birthday, and booked us into the hotel for 4 nights. Apart from seeing her after 3 months apart, this was the best birthday gift I could have asked for. The room was luxurious, being very spacious with a lovely bathroom, a balcony with a view, and a desk which I was able to work at. But the best thing was the bed, which was so comfortable we felt we were floating in a cloud!

Or perhaps I should say the best part was the staff, who were incredibly helpful and attentive. I would like to thank Sidney in particular. When they found out it was my birthday, they paid me a visit, presented me with a cake and wine - and sang Happy Birthday! I was really touched and felt enjoyed a very special birthday.

We also enjoyed the breakfast and dinner in the hotel, and the daily fruit and other treats which were delivered to the room.

The location is perfect. Although I had been in the city already for 3 months, I hadn't had much of a chance to do any sightseeing. The Dhavara provided the perfect base for exploring, being close to the riverbank, night market, numerous restaurants and bars, as well as museums and temples.

I look forward to staying at the Dhavara again next time I visit Laos, and I heartily recommend it. Many thanks to Sidney and his team for doing a wonderful job!

Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple