All reviewsboutique hotelbeautiful hotelpremier roomnight marketcolonial stylefree airport shuttlemekong riverphorooms are hugein easy walking distancelovely boutiquestayed for two nightscomfortable bedbreakfast buffetthe location is perfectcentral vientianeyogurt
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights and I had a wonderful stay. In fact, it was one of the nicest and most memorable hotel stays ever. The staff are just incredibly friendly, the rooms are large, beautifully decorated and very well equipped. The location of the hotel is great, too, it's just a short stroll from the river and many bars, cafes, restaurants and shops in the city center. The service was beyond expectations: free shuttle service to the airport, a welcome drink, a sumptuous breakfast buffet, great coffee, fast and complimentary wifi and above all very friendly, attentive and helpful staff. It was also the little details that made the stay so perfect: the staff would put small night snacks into your room and that was such a nice surprise when coming home from a long day exploring the city. I can highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay there again the next time I am in Vientiane.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We fell in love with this hotel the moment we saw it - the ornate white facade reminded us of the White Temple in Chiang Rai! We were not disappointed during our 4 day stay there by any aspect of this charming small hotel, with its feeling of being a private home & the beautifully appointed large bedrooms. The breakfasts had a huge choice of delicious food, which different choices of cooked to order food each day. The restaurant for lunch or dinner was very good & did not charge exhorbitant prices like most hotel restaurants. The hotel was very central with masses of restaurants, shops, supermarkets & Wats nearby & a short walk to the Mekong river & night market.

Room Tip: Rooms above 4th floor have good views from the balcony
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We travelled in Laos last christmas and we ended our trip in this lovely place. Luang Prabang was so cold during our stay and we were kept warm in this hotel. We were so happy for chosing Dhavara.

We read on other reviews that the room was big, but we are still suprised how really spacious it is. Its like our home. It is very central, walking distance to places you wanted to go, i like the wifi-superb, the breakfast was great, and i liked the welcome drinks.

I had a problem with the hot water but they fixed it as soon as we reported it.

We stayed in several guesthouse in Laos and this is where we enjoyed most.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2014

+ very central
+ the king size bed was 3,50 m wide
+ excellent service, friendly staff
+ free, extremely fast and reliable Wifi
+ free welcome drink
+ free airport shuttle every 30 minutes
+ super clean
+ It felt so good to be here after having stayed for 4 nights at a terrible guesthouse
o free breakfast; items were a little sought out however when I arrived
o price was ok because of a special 25% discount

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank kaysch
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I arrived on a Sun. evening, nobody was there to help with the luggage, or not help was offered ! Not a nice start for a so called boutique hotel.
If I remember well, I stayed in room 402 or 420 which is facing the side street. The room is quite big, the bathroom as well. The furniture wants to be stylish but the quality and the finishing is optional so it gives a cheap feeling about the room furniture. The bed/matrasse are ok. There is a small working table but not convenient to work. there was no note pad. The bathroom is nice and big with fine amenities. There is a balcony but could not take advantage of it as there was not furniture !!! nowwhere to sit, a pity indeed.
The breakfast is ok but on my last day I was just ignored by the staff for about 10 minutes. It seems that if they are more than 12 pax having breakfast at the same time, the staff in lost in translation. In fact, only one lady seems to understand what's going on in the restaurant. The others are just jolly joker with very basic english (when they are in a good mood). It is a pity because the hotel has a small but quite decent buffet.
To sum-up, far too expensive for what I got.

Room Tip: No fitness, no pool
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business