“Dhavara boutique hotel is a real gem of a hotel”
Review of Dhavara Hotel

Dhavara Hotel
Ranked #3 of 95 Hotels in Vientiane
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Dhavara is a charming little hotel with very large comfy rooms and bath. It is close to the riverfront and walking distance to all the must see temples as well as the fun night market. Excellent breakfast and very helpful staff.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rubysdes

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This newly opened hotel is a gem with fabulous large rooms.mine had a awesome mekong river and city view.impeccable room and huge marble bathroom .amenties were excellent.staff was friendly and helpful even though they messed up my wake up call-thank god for my alarm clock.breakfast was very good in wonderful inside or outside setting.unlike other boutique hotels in the area this one has free shuttle service to airport.the second florr outside bar serves white wine for about $2.25 a glass-good wine.itis the new standard.staff is friendly and helpful though english is weak.highly recoomened is the premier rooms.

Room Tip: premier river view
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank richard b
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed one night at Dhavara and found it to be one of the most comfortable sleeps I had in my 2 weeks i Laos.

The Positives:
The staff was very welcoming and spoke very good english. The rooms were spotless and very roomy.

The breakfast in the AM was very good and the restaurant had a very nice ambience.

The bed was very comfortable.

The balcony was a nice touch

An easy to arrange airport shuttle

Wifi speeds were very good

The Negatives
No shower curtain, I find this gets the floors wet in the bathroom which is a bit annoying when you're wearing socks.

No furniture on the balcony, not a huge deal. Just bring the chairs from inside the room.

All in all, a great stay and highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank IcoLove
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Friends & we occupied two rooms in The Dhavara Hotel this January and cannot speak more highly of the warm welcome we felt in this spacious & comfortable small hotel located in the heart of Vientiane. As there are only a few well spaced out rooms, there is a feeling of being in a very large modern home. The Owner and her family made time to meet us at the bar, which was a nice touch.

This January, the hotel was still fairly new and the processes in its restaurant service need to be fine tuned. However, the service, rooms and quality of accommodation were for us, well deserving of 5 stars.

Room Tip: There are a handful of rooms and we were privileged to get a personal tour of the place.. Couples on...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 19, 2012

There really isn't enough nice things I can say about the Dhavara. My brother, friend, and I stayed there in early October of this year and had a wonderful time. All of the nicer hotels I was looking for were either booked or turned me off with their apathetic staff. I just happened to stumble upon the Dhavara because of its great location (it was near the hostel our friends/we were staying at the night before).

We stayed in one of their posh suites (the name started with an L) and we were smiling form ear to ear form the moment we walked in. Clean and immaculate furnishings in two very spacious rooms, adorned with chandeliers and intimate lighting. The bathroom in the suite was UNREAL. Marble with double sinks, separate shower and deep bathtub set in the master bedroom. No jet sin the tub but I didn't notice them in any hotel in SE Asia. The best part was the glass wall to the bathroom, very sexy touch (the girls we were traveling with that week LOVED IT). Strongest WiFi I experienced in the city, made it very easy for me to make skype calls for work. There was also a balcony that ran across the whole side of the room.

The food at the buffet was great. I saw a review complaining of a poor fruit selection but when I was there we had a variety of fresh fruit. Better than the food was the SERVICE. The genuine and attentive servers were like little elves serving and clearing as we ate (they have "to order" dishes as well).

So this is the first review I've written on TA and the reason I'm doing this goes beyond how nice the room/food was. The most beautiful part of this stunning hotel are the people that work there! Seriously some of the most accommodating, friendly, genuine staff I came across in SE Asia. Kae, Alee, and May are only a few among the well spoken (great english) staff who made our night there one for the history books. I can't remember the name of the manager who was there but she was also unbelievably accommodating to me in every way. They really went out of there way to make sure we were comfortable and had a great time there. I know it's a bit pricey but if youre going to stay here, especially if its only for a night, spring for a suite ITS WORTH IT! We ran the gambit from $7 hostels to $300 extravagant hotels and I'm telling you that I will always remember the Dhavara. I do plan to return to Laos and know exactly where I will stay if I find myself in Vientiane again!

Room Tip: Their suites have different names. There is a sunset suite that is very nice but the biggest of the...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Michael H
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed in the Dhavara in early November, just a few weeks after it opened. It is located in a great neighborhood, the staff were extremely nice and helpful; the rooms were spotless, large and bright; wifi was excellent; the breakfast had a good variety; the dining and hotel lounge areas are comfortable and elegant. All in all it was a very relaxing experience. If you are looking for comfortable (but not stuffy) elegance and a beautiful room at the end of a long day at work or touring Vientiane, this is a good choice. We loved the room decor and super-comfortable beds!

We were able to enjoy a promotional rate during our stay. My only concern is whether the regular room rates are best value for money in the absence of amenities such as a pool.

Overall, we would highly recommend it, especially if being centrally located in a lively neighborhood is an important criteria during your stay.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank MagandAndrew
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I read the reviews online for this hotel and figured I would give it a shot considering my first choice was booked. I was pleasantly surprised - the service was polite and courteous, WiFi was strong, rooms very large, and the breakfast ok. The best aspect is probably the location, right in the middle of town and walking distance to everything. Rate includes free airport transfers as well.

Room Tip: the higher the floor the better views you will get.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo