“Yumstastic!!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I'm one of those gluten-free people...and when Ray overheard my request to serve my sandwich bun free, he customized my order with a corn tortilla and made me a delicious wrap with plenty of fixings to add like garlic mayo, onions, tomatoes. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his straight from the grill hamburger with the freshly fried, home-style cut french fries. It was so good it was hard to believe we were in Laos and not a traditional burger joint back home!

There are newer reviews for Rays Grille Laos

Reviewed March 29, 2014

So I was on the fence about whether I wanted to go to Cambodia or just head home (I'd been travelling SE Asia for about 3 months). But when I found myself eating burgers at Ray's for 4 meals, over 3 days I realized how much I was missing home and that it was time to get back to the good ol' US of A.

The more recent reviews seemed a bit less enthusiastic about his food, but from what I remember (in 8/2013), Ray's was one of the best burgers I've ever eaten! I highly recommend it! Oh and Ray is the owner's son... I think the owner's name was Danny. Other reviewer's seemed to miss that.

1  Thank blyndeside
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Icy cold beer and great burgers; what more could you ask for? A simple menu that delivers. Order as you enter and hope that the crowds aren't too big but at peak hour you may have a short wait. First time I had the Aussie burger which was as good as any back home (where do they get the beetroot from?) and the second time the Blue Cheese burger which was awesome. Food is cooked in front of you and the service is top notch.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I met the owner at a rugby tournament, and found that it was nice to sell burgers for the event. I went to the restaurant and was disappointed by the food. The place is small and bit overcrowded. The owner is nice, but the cooking just at the entrance in front of the gaz station is not that nice. Will hope to see them again at other sports events though

2  Thank Jeff_Kula_Lumpur
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I been going to Ray's for years. His burgers are done right and every bite is great! The philly cheese meal is great too! Danny is a great bloke to talk to as well. I would have to recommend having a meal at Ray's if you are in Vientiane as you won't be disappointed!