“Worth the search!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
“Worth the search!”
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

We had such a hard time finding this place when it was right off a main street all along!!
It took us 2 days to find and every
Person we asked for help was no help at all. Don't follow google maps. It will lead u to the wrong dirt road. Have your hotel call and find out the best way to get there

Anyways, the burger and Philly cheesesteak were incredible! The burger melts in your mouth because the meat is so fresh. I don't know how, but I finished everything! I highly recommend this place especially if you need a break from the Asian cuisine.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I came here on our last night in Vientiane. We seriously considered staying an extra night or two to return to Ray's for another Philly Cheesesteak.
The food is really top quality, well prepared; the service is great, we liked the music and the snickers brownie was something else!
Here's the tricky bit: finding the place. Go to the corner of Souphanouphong Avenue and Khoun Boulom; there's a whiteboard outside with the menu on it but there's not much else to identify Ray's. On Google maps it's approx. where 'CCC' is shown.

Visited December 2013
Salzburg, Austria
“Best American food you can hope to get!”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

If you ever come to Vientiane and you have a craving for a american food, do not miss out on Ray's Grille! I had the signature Philly Cheese Steak and my girlfriend the chicken quesadilla. Both were just heavenly! The Fries were super yum too! Ray is a really nice guy and the whole atmosphere is great. Burgers, Bear and Blues - what more do i need to say?

Sao Paulo, SP
“Worth finding!”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We had been eating traditional Laos food and were looking for some burgers. Ray's Grill could not have been more perfect! The meat is really tender, fries perfect and sauce incredibly tasty! Plus, Ray is really great(:
It is true that we took a while to find it but that is because GOOGLE MAPS AND TRIP ADVISOR's MAP ARE BOTH WRONG! It shows the wrong road! Instead of taking the street that they show, take the one next to the gas station. Ray's restaurant has a really small sign and if you face the gas station the restaurant is on the street on your right. In any case, the address is right and you can ask for Sihom street 17/1 and local people will (somehow) guide you.
It is really worth the effort! After seeing that we had really struggled to find the place Ray even comforted us with a great chocolate brownie and coffee.

Rome, Italy
“We wanted a burger, we got more than that”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I'm not a particular burger fan usually so when I decide to get one, it has to be good. And that's exactly what I got a Ray's Grill, if not more. The place is basic, nothing fancy, just what we expected. The owner, even though super-busy, took care of us from the moment we came in. My boyfriend & I both got the beef burger with bacon, cheddar cheese and Danish blue cheese. We're french so obviously cheese had to be on the list :) And honestly it made all the difference.
Nothing was wrong, from the fries perfectly grilled to the salad on the side and the good service. I'd definitely recommend the place to budget travellers willing to fill up their craving for western food, or to Vientiane expat who don't know the place yet (it's quite hidden even though centrally located!)

1 Thank Kolynn