“Best felafels EVER!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Rays Grille Laos
Ranked #5 of 381 Restaurants in Vientiane
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Best felafels EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I are felafel here pretty much every day for a week. Hands down best felafel I have eaten. Ray is such a legend too, full of stories and always on for a chat. Make sure to stop by and have some great food.
(Ray, I finally write a review, it's been over a year but I did it haha)

1 Thank Joshua7985

• Turkish first
Vientiane, Laos
“Decent falafel wrap”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

You can almost overlook this little gem! Doesn't look too flash on the outside, but the food is great. We had chips (yes, you can find chips in Laos!) and a falafel wrap. Unfortunately they didn't have pita bread and Offered us a wrap instead. Still tasty! I recommend the falafel wrap. It's a bit pricier than other options around, but the food is good so you may as well will pay that little bit extra. Staff are very friendly. No wifi.

1 Thank Rosemary A
Victoria, Canada
“Best western food in Vietiane.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stumbled upon this gem during our second last day in Vietiane. I wish we found it sooner as good western food was difficult to come by in Laos (in my experience anyway). We preceded to come back for our following two meals (so three times in a row). We tried the Philly Cheese, quesadilla and falafel between all of us and all exceeded our expectations. The restaurant is a bit of a hole in the wall lacking in atmosphere and the service could probably be a bit better. The owner seemed a little bit stressed out at times but was otherwise pretty chatty. Make sure you come here on an empty stomach though as I felt like I was going to explode after eating the Philly Cheese. I would definitely recommend this place if you are looking for western food in Vietiane.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
San Diego, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and great conversation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Don't pass it up, it's a small place with great heart and excellent food. Ray is the son and Daniel is the Pop.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Eric G
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food at a great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed just around the corner from this little gem! Easily the best Philly cheese steak sandwich I've ever had and I've been a chef for 8 years my friend tried the casadillas and said they were great! We ate there 4 meals in a row and each time was a good As the first not to mention very nice guy taking the time to talk to his customers whilst cooking your food! Well worth a viset if you are in vientien and craving some western food!

1 Thank Gastranomichitman