“Best western food in Vietiane.”
Review of Rays Grille Laos

Rays Grille Laos
Ranked #6 of 413 Restaurants in Vientiane
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stumbled upon this gem during our second last day in Vietiane. I wish we found it sooner as good western food was difficult to come by in Laos (in my experience anyway). We preceded to come back for our following two meals (so three times in a row). We tried the Philly Cheese, quesadilla and falafel between all of us and all exceeded our expectations. The restaurant is a bit of a hole in the wall lacking in atmosphere and the service could probably be a bit better. The owner seemed a little bit stressed out at times but was otherwise pretty chatty. Make sure you come here on an empty stomach though as I felt like I was going to explode after eating the Philly Cheese. I would definitely recommend this place if you are looking for western food in Vietiane.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Don't pass it up, it's a small place with great heart and excellent food. Ray is the son and Daniel is the Pop.

1  Thank Eric G
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed just around the corner from this little gem! Easily the best Philly cheese steak sandwich I've ever had and I've been a chef for 8 years my friend tried the casadillas and said they were great! We ate there 4 meals in a row and each time was a good As the first not to mention very nice guy taking the time to talk to his customers whilst cooking your food! Well worth a viset if you are in vientien and craving some western food!

1  Thank Gastranomichitman
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I think the title just about says it.

The Philly cheese steaks are really good with large portions. I went back twice. Great!

The owner is very friendly and has lived in Southeast Asia for years. He knows a lot about the area and is very helpful.

It's just a hole in the wall place so don't expect luxury because you won't get it.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I have tried the Philly cheese steak with beef and with chicken and both were good. For this location and good farang food the cost is quite reasonable. The chef grills right at the front of cafe (no dirty secrets) and is happy to chat or give tips on Vientiane

1  Thank b_rad40