“Awesome Thai And Great Value”
Review of Ban Thongkang Cafe - CLOSED

Ban Thongkang Cafe
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We live nearby and go to this restaurant two to three times per week. The curries are outstanding! We also really enjoy the gyozas and the fish and mango salad. They offer western food as well but we tend to stick with Thai. The service is good and the Thai lady that owns the place is very sweet and friendly. Definitely recommend!!

3  Thank Ryan H
There are newer reviews for Ban Thongkang Cafe

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I went there on my motorcycle with my good friend Mana for dinner. Great service, excellent Thai food.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

This is just such a lovely little restaurant. I came away with a big smile on my face due to the food and especially the friendly reception. It feels like eating in your grandma's kitchen.
The food is very good Thai fare, although it definitely seems to be toned down just a little bit, maybe to suit western palates. And cheap cheap cheap!

1  Thank Shedheadabroad
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I've eaten here three times now since we moved to Vientiane and each time the food was excellent. The only complaint was that a Lao/Thai friend of mine on holiday in Vientiane said the food wasn't spicy enough even though she had asked for extra-hot, so if you want spicy spicy, make sure the chef knows! The menu is Thai, Lao and European and we haven't tried any of the European dishes so far but the Lao and Thai menus are wonderful. My special favourite is the Penaeng Duck with sticky rice but their soups and green/yellow/red curries are also excellent. The restaurant is on the Sokpaluang Road opposite the Siavon Supermarket, on the right-hand side as you come out from town.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Small and popular place off of lao-thai road amongst the embassies and NGOs. Extremely good food especially for the price, good curry, feu soup, pad thai. For lunch get there before noon or it fills up - or wait until after 1pm. An oasis!