All reviews mr lay free bicycles night market within walking distance rooms are clean tourist area no lift first floor luang prabang per night guesthouse wifi champa curtains lao kip
Selected filters
Reviewed October 14, 2019 via mobile

Very small room with an wortless old air conditioning unit.The overhead fan makes a terrible noise also.There is know bottles of water in the room,there was not any breakfast.It is about 10 to 15 minute walk where the tourist hang out.Besides being hot the worst part is their wifi does not work in the room.I think I paid $23.00 and it is worth about$14.00.Avoid.The only positive is the staff are friendly.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Brad R, Guest Relations Manager at Moonlight Champa, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2019

Thank you for choosing Moonlight Champa and for your valuable feedback. We are glad you appreciated our conscientious service. From opening day we have chosen to offer our guests free flow hot/cold drinking water at our lobby with refillable bottles rather than contributing many little bottles to the mounting plastic disposal problem.
Our location is slightly removed from the tourist crowds at the Mekong riverside, so we provide bicycles to our guests free of charge. Vientiane is wonderful place to cycle around.
We have switched internet providers now and have a blazing download speed of up to 50 Mbps!
Regarding price, we keep close track of the going rates in Vientiane city center and the $14 you mentioned would likely get you 2 beds in a dorm but not a private room with our amenities and service.
Thanks again for the feedback and we look forward o serving you better on your next stay.

Moonlight Champa Team

Reviewed August 23, 2019 via mobile

Nice base for a few days, free bicycles to get around on. Warm welcome and staff do their best to be helpful and all are polite and friendly. Rooms are clean and basic and have all you need. Free WiFi and drinking water. Didn't see any sign of breakfast. I didn't shop around,​ this place was recommended by a friend who had lived in vientiane for years.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed March 29, 2019 via mobile

Overpriced for what it was, felt more like a hostel than a hotel. Wi-fi was slow and on one day we lost electricity, so couldn’t have my breakfast, no water and no Wi-fi. Was out for 6 hours. The manager gave me 50,000 kip (£5) off my final bill, which was nice of him.
If you don’t like stairs ask for a lower floor because walking up 4 flights of stairs was tough. Bathroom was tiny! Practically no shower space. Not many facilities or toiletries in the rooms.

Date of stay: March 2019
3  Thank Anika83
Reviewed February 8, 2019

I chose this hotel because it is only 4 mins walk from the stadium and a 6 lane 25 meters swimming pool. It is part of the stadium and a big fitnes center next to it.
There is an old fancy hotel across the street of Champa. Costs twice as much per night.
Champa rooms are small, they have all the basic necesseties as clean beds, toietries, Internet and TV with few workable channes even though there is a major TV senders 100 meters away.
The staff is very helpful and polite and like to practice their English with you, which is nice for an old teacher.
Majority of guests are back packers since the price is low.
The breakfast is adequate but skimpy. An alternative should be a bigger breakfast at a price.
I recon the middle age of the quests were around 25 years old. Being 75, I really felt like a granddad and enjoyed it. It is only 9 rooms over 4 floors with no lift. If you don't like stairs, chose one of the rooms on the first floor. If you want a room with a balcony, choose room 201, 301 or 401. It faces the street at it can be a bit noisy.

All in all, if i go back to Vientiane, I would stay here again due to the nice pool around the corner. I spent 85 minutes swimming in it every morning. It opens at 0700.

Date of stay: February 2019
2  Thank Martin F
Reviewed January 26, 2019 via mobile

This place had a warm feeling when I arrived, the breakfast is good for what you are paying for the night, the hotel across the road wanted 200 us per night which was fine with my budget, when I walked into the room it was very mouldy, went acriss to this place and 33 dollars got me me the penthouse, loved it, Mr Jay and Mr Lay all where very kind, and on top of that they helped and transported me to the tourist sites.

Date of stay: January 2019