“Amazing food at an amazing price!”

Jamil Zahid Punjabi Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 392 Restaurants in Vientiane
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Pakistani
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Please note that if you are coming to my restaurant that the map on trip advisor is incorrect we are actually very close to Bang Long Vietnamese Temple.
“Amazing food at an amazing price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

2 girls told us about this place on a bus and we're so glad they did. We have been back 2 nights in a row. The food is so tasty and fresh, everything prepared on the spot, the service excellent & the price amazing. Around 50,000 kip for a feast for 2 people! The vegetarian samosas are the best! Free water for every table makes this place even better.
Highly recommended, check this place out if you're in vientiane!
Ps don't let the alley you have to walk down scare you, it's perfectly safe!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank az3333

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Vientiane, Laos
“Best Indian / Pakistani Food in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Definitely the best choice when it comes to Indian food in Vientiane... Cheap and great food! The owner Jamil is very nice too.

3 Thank Jens P
New South Wales, Australia
“Best value food in Vientiane, off the track but amazing none the less”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled across the Jamil Zahid Punjabi restaurant sign when exploring the town and decided to come back for dinner. It is a cool little set up down a short alley (not scary, it was absolutely fine). My sister and I are vegetarian and they cater for Vegos very well! The owner and staff are accommodating and will do anything for you. All the food and the made on the spot naans were amazing. Not to mention the super cheap prices, each of our curries were 10,000 kip so quite possibly the cheapest meal we have had in Vientiane. Would recommend to anyone!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Micaela B
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Pakistani food I've had in SE Asia, no question”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Unbelievable food (the chicken or mutton Channa masala, the tandoori tikka, the daal, and definitely addicted to the butter naan), great atmosphere (off the street, cool, quiet, hip, and like eating at home.... Granted, a very cool home with food far beyond anything i could dream of concocting!). Follow the alley across from Mspot market thru the tables that look like a low rent wedding and boom, you're there. Not to be missed in Vientiane.

1 Thank MagicMikeSF
“Warning this place is a dump”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Hi I am traveling the past few weeks with my girlfriend , we are very carful not to get sick while traveling . We got a flyer for this place and said we would look at the reviews so all is good so we set out to find it . We spent 2 hours looking and couldn't find this place people were raving about so we gave up . On night 2 in Vientiane we set out again with better knowledge of the area and eventually found it. It's a glorified shed not a restaurant so like you have to do in Asia sometimes just sit down order and hope for the best . So we turned a blind eye to the fact it was a shed and the dog walkin around the "restaurant" and we ordered first off the complacently bottled water wasn't sealed ,which we only realised after our meal , secondly my plate was dirty when it arrived . The food was very ordinary and in knee I was going to be sick after eating it . I almost immediately knew that something wasn't right so 6 am the next morning I wake with cramps and spend 45 min on the bog , I had to shower afterwards I felt so disgusting . I then I took to writing this review .Don't just don't eat here trust me

3 Thank Celica99