“The reviews don't lie!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Jamil Zahid Punjabi Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 381 Restaurants in Vientiane
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Pakistani
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Please note that if you are coming to my restaurant that the map on trip advisor is incorrect we are actually very close to Bang Long Vietnamese Temple.
Luang Prabang, Laos
“The reviews don't lie!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Visited Jamil Zahid last night based on the other excellent reviews this restaurant has received. I visit Vientiane regularly on business and tend to always go for Indian food but had yet found a place that i truly enjoyed but stop the clock,the search is now over! Had the Vegetable Samosas and Chicken Channa Masala with plain Nan Bread and it was a delight,washed down with a cold Beerlao. It is slightly hidden but well worth finding,i'll be back!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Matt B

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Pakse, Laos
“#1 Kebabs!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

I love this restaurant! Best Kebabs I've ever had! I spent an hour SEARCHING for this restaurant on foot in the Vientiane heat. My life was changed when I first bit into the beef kebab, I was hooked forever. :) I dream of Kebabs and Masala tea and can't wait till a new branch opens up in Pakse!! But I'd still miss the family who operates the place. :)

• Visited October 2011
4 Thank Jeri L
Vientiane, Laos
“Vientiane's Best Kept Hidden Indian Secret”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

Well it used to be Vientiane's Best Kept Hidden Indian (Pakistani) Secret, until people like me started sharing it with all their friends. Hidden at the end of an alley that most people simply pass by, which makes it feel like you're not inside the noisy city even though you're literally 5 mins from the traffic, Jamil Zahid Punjabi Restaurant was THE place to go for me and my friends when we wanted an Indian fix.

Here's the kind of experience that you can expect:
- The variety of food on offer is splendid, tastes better than the other places that I've tried in the city, and the servings are generous. It's seriously great value for such good food. I'm a huge fan of the veggie dishes, garlic and cheese naan, and banana lassi.
- Free wifi (not the greatest speed-wise but it worked the last time that I was there)
- A used book donation service. They let my travelling friend borrow a book from there which was really nice - hopefully somebody will donate a book shelf because the pile on the table was getting out of control! If you're travelling and finished a book, leave it on the table for somebody else to enjoy!

The best thing that this place has going for it is its family. Zahid and his wife are wonderfully warm and hospitable, and their son Jamil is sweet lil guy. One time it was freezing cold out and Zahid and his wife set up a table inside their house for our group! We were so grateful!

I will warn you that service can be slow, even slower than standard "Lao service time", when the restaurant is packed but I think that's a testament to the quality of the establishment and a great sign that people love it and keep coming back.

I know it'll be one of my first stops for dinner when I'm back in Vientiane that's for sure!

• Visited February 2012
7 Thank infuzion
New York City, New York
“my favourite restuarant in Laos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

One of the best kebab 's ive ever had. The service is good ,natural , brings in the Lao relaxation mood .Affordable food and good , good hanging out place not crowded, plus the wireless is very fast real value for your money""
\

• Visited July 2012
4 Thank g27_12
Vientiane, Laos
“Visit this restaurant when you are in Vientiane”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

Excellent service! Tasty Indian food! Been here several times and they never disappoint me. The owner and the staff is so accommodating.

• Visited August 2012