“Don't get a taxi there!!!”
Review of Buddha Park

$243.00*
Private Full Day Buddha Park and Nam Ngum Lake Tour
Ranked #3 of 76 things to do in Vientiane
More attraction details
Owner description: This sculpture park is a collection of hundreds if Buddhist and Hindu statues scattered around a meadow.
uk
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Don't get a taxi there!!!”
Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

Just got back and ended up with a 400,000 kip bill from the taxi. Had no idea taxis where so expensive here. Beware.

1 Thank bgjUk

• Vietnamese first
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“don't expect ancient ruins”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

This place probably deserves more than 3 stars but from the way this place was described to me, I imagined it to be very different. I guess I expected it would be older and have a little more character to it. I definitely recommend that you take a trip there if you are in Vientiane for a few days, just know what to expect. I found the place interesting and quirk, but I'm pretty sure the structures were made of concrete and rebar. I still enjoyed my visit- it's a great place for photos.

For you adventurous types: renting a scooter was probably our highlight of the day. There are no signs so expect to get lost and good luck weaving through the potholes and mud... oh and watch out for the water buffalo herds.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Mike M
Shanghai, China
“a must go place. So funky!”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I've read reviews before went today. I couldn't have understand the "pumpkin" if not seen. And it is just right next to the entrance. The minute my friend notice this, we both burst into laughs. It was so funcky! (sorry this was supposed to be a buddha park). The park has some interesting statues and all in the spirit of a good taste of art features. It is a small park and I walk around for a few times, just couldn't get enough. There is a cafe resturant in the end of the park by the river, where you can sip ice-cold coconut, watching chicks (with little feather) running arround, enjoy fresh breeze, and watching Thailand in the other end.
We took bus #14 there. It is not bad at all. In general the road is OK, till the Friendship bridge, where road get bumpy and dirty. I suppose in tutu it is even worth.

Visited May 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Buddha park”
Reviewed May 5, 2012

The park is a must see,there are many great buddhas to look at, The road there is a bumpy, they do have a little outdoor lao restaurant to eat at.

Visited May 2012
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Worth the Detour!”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Loved it - absolutely mesmerizing ! a must and worth a detour to VIentiane to see it!

Visited April 2012