“Nice cafe, good variety”
Review of Cafe Benoni

Cafe Benoni
Ranked #3 of 13 Dessert in Vientiane
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Established in 2007 Benoni Cafe is a popular spot among expatriates and locals alike. Due to its great location in the heart of the capital the cafe is becoming a great stop for tourists after their stroll in the city center. Serving home roasted coffee, homemade cakes and unique dishes from our very own family recipes, using local and imported ingredients. We are famous for our fresh fruit juices and crispy baguettes among "falang". Always striving for quality and improvement to ensure always a memorable visit to our customers.
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I always thought Benoni should open longer as their menu catered for night dining as well. Now they have.
Climb the staris and enter a clean, crisp room which is always buzzing.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

I have been spending a few days café hopping in Vientiane relaxing before hitting the road again. This café seems to have nice food but the staff never smile (is this a reflection on the owner/management style??), the waiting staff barely interacted with customers and were not very helpful. they were completely disengaged which didn't make the place feel pleasant at all.

Local people next to me were perplexed at how hard it was to get the staff to understand they wanted salt and pepper. they rolled their eyes as the waitress dragged her feet back off to get it and they seemed to be having as good a time as me with service quality. the people on the other side of my table were having their own issues and amusement as one of the guests was finally served after the other two people he was with had finished their meal.

I did not see one waitress smile the whole time I was there, they all looked miserable and didn't hide it. they were a miserable bunch who had no idea what customers wanted/needed and didn't care to. the male waiter was proactive and polite.

I rate a café on service, not just food and I would not come back here.

2  Thank toughtopleases
Reviewed April 18, 2014

This is a smart little lunch joint that provides a good and varied menu in a sleek bistro environment. The staff is efficient and friendly, and it's a comfortable place to enjoy a good meal. It packs out with locals and tourists, so arriving before high noon is strategically wise. We ate here twice, and it's a fine choice for quality food at a reasonable price.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

We usually eat outside, rather than in air-conditioned restaurants, but made an exception for Benoni as the menu looked good. The air con was temperate, not freezing and the food was very tasty and well prepared. My husband had the special, Carmelized Pork while I had the Penne Carbonara and both were excellent. Wine was reasonably priced. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I only wish they were open for dinner as well as lunch.

1  Thank Adiona
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I was drgged there for a business lunch. We ate. I think it was pasta. Soft and tasteless. Nothing to remember.