All reviews colonial charm pool area marble floors junior suite beautiful hotel beautiful pool luang prabang dark wood the general manager rooms are comfortable breakfast was excellent the hotel manager boutique hotel no elevator mekong river morning market lao
Reviewed August 29, 2017 via mobile

I chose this hotel for my most recent stay in Vientiane after stopping by to see it on a previous stay. I am so glad I found it, because this is simply a lovely hotel.

The Settha Palace is an authentic French colonial style boutique hotel, with just 29 rooms. That means tranquility, intimacy, and caring personalized service are guaranteed.

The General Manager of this hotel is a lovely Thai lady, whose previous experience includes a long tenure at the esteemed Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Bangkok, which epitomizes hospitality. Perhaps that's part of the reason why the Settha Palace is such a lovely and professionally run hotel. The entire team of management and staff at this hotel is fantastic.

My room was beautiful, and the high ceiling and natural light that came in through the tall colonial style windows provided a liberating sense of space in which to relax and feel at ease. Everything about this hotel is authentic, but at the same time it has all of the modern conveniences and technology one could wish for.

The hotel has a beautiful, free form swimming pool surrounded by luscious gardens with flowers. Private spa treatment suites are also situated in the garden behind the hotel, and the spa treatment quality is very high.

Food and Beverage is very good at the Belle Epoque restaurant, and can also be served al fresco on the pool terrace, or in room.

I shall definitely be back soon, as this hotel suits me perfectly. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Vientiane now that I have found the Settha Palace.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
3  Thank Michael W
Reviewed August 13, 2017

My clients from Spain, I booked 3 rooms for them, 2 rooms the luxury room, and one double bred, they were stay two night 3 days, they were take a message all there free time, good massage, good service.

Room Tip: Garden room so quieter
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel probably over quoted and priced . It is supposed to be the best in town according local people.
Big swimming pool but very noisy due to surrounding air conditioning units.
Room was small.
So so breakfast.
Good location

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2017

We loved this hotel and the staff is perfection. Bim, our server every night at dinner is a treasure. The rooms are comfortable, restaurant very good (new chef from Canada is a great addition), and grounds lovely. You can walk everywhere from the hotel.

Room Tip: Our room faced the pool and was quiet until the morning we left when a noisy child arrived.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Barbara K
Reviewed July 23, 2017

Belle Epoque elegance. Large rooms with high ceilings. Lovely bathrooms. Super restaurant and bar. Great 'double kidney' pool. Super Spa. Wonderful staff. Within 12mins walk of Mekong night markets & the food street night market - complete with insect stalls & the Mall (complete with an entire floor of gold sales).
We stayed on three seperate occasions during our Laos holiday and couldn't have been happier. Great helpful staff.

Room Tip: All rooms are large.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple