All reviewscolonial charmpool areamarble floorsjunior suitebeautiful hotelbeautiful poolluang prabangdark woodthe general managerrooms are comfortablebreakfast was excellentthe hotel managerboutique hotelno elevatormekong rivermorning marketlao
Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel probably over quoted and priced . It is supposed to be the best in town according local people.
Big swimming pool but very noisy due to surrounding air conditioning units.
Room was small.
So so breakfast.
Good location

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2017

We loved this hotel and the staff is perfection. Bim, our server every night at dinner is a treasure. The rooms are comfortable, restaurant very good (new chef from Canada is a great addition), and grounds lovely. You can walk everywhere from the hotel.

Room Tip: Our room faced the pool and was quiet until the morning we left when a noisy child arrived.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Barbara K
Reviewed July 23, 2017

Belle Epoque elegance. Large rooms with high ceilings. Lovely bathrooms. Super restaurant and bar. Great 'double kidney' pool. Super Spa. Wonderful staff. Within 12mins walk of Mekong night markets & the food street night market - complete with insect stalls & the Mall (complete with an entire floor of gold sales).
We stayed on three seperate occasions during our Laos holiday and couldn't have been happier. Great helpful staff.

Room Tip: All rooms are large.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AllanRosemary
Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

This is not my first time to stay here but for those who are sensitive to noise, this is not a hotel that can block out sound, especially when there are parties, bands, karaokes that go all night til before dawn in the surrounding neighbourhood. It gets so loud that I have asked the Front Desk at 3:00 am to ask the drunken partygoers to keep it sown but the partying only got louder. Tried to move rooms to another location but all they could give me was another room in the outside and I could still hear the partying. It was two nights out of four that I could not sleep and was woken by noise. And I am still up at 4:15 am with no room. I will never come back.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business
2  Thank timmyluistro
SetthaPalaceHotel, General Manager at Settha Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.
I'm very sorry that your stay with us was so unpleasant because of the noise. The hotel was quite full that night and I regret that we could not transfer you to a quiet room within the hotel.
On rare occasions there are events in the city that go on much too late into the night.
We have lodged complaints with the village chief regarding this.

We have also installed a 2nd set of windows for the rooms that are facing the noise from the city. This has worked very well to greatly reduce the noise level that can be heard. Our next project will be to upgrade the seals around the room doors to further reduce the amount of noise that comes in from around and underneath the doors. I'm confident that we will eventually achieve a very high level of sound proofing for all the bed rooms.

Once again, I'm very sorry that your stay with us was not up to your expectations but I hope you will give us another chance and look forward to providing you with a better experience next time around.

Bon voyage!

Reviewed June 6, 2017 via mobile

We loved this hotel with its old world charm. The high ceilings and a feeling you were in another place and time. The rooms were large, spacious and welled appointed. The pool area was lush with lovely vegetation and very peaceful. The staff were extremely friendly and very helpful. The breakfast wasn't very extensive but adequate for the 4 mornings we were there. We didn't eat in the hotel for lunch or dinner because we like to find local restaurants with authentic Vietnamese food so cannot comment on the food other than breakfast. My only suggestion would be that the hotel might like to introduce a happy hour in the evenings to encourage people to at least drink at the hotel which may even lead to staying for dinner! The local beer outside was half the price! Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends