All reviewscolonial charmpool areamarble floorsjunior suitebeautiful hotelbeautiful poolluang prabangdark woodthe general managerrooms are comfortablebreakfast was excellentthe hotel managerboutique hotelno elevatormekong rivermorning marketlao
Reviewed July 23, 2017

Belle Epoque elegance. Large rooms with high ceilings. Lovely bathrooms. Super restaurant and bar. Great 'double kidney' pool. Super Spa. Wonderful staff. Within 12mins walk of Mekong night markets & the food street night market - complete with insect stalls & the Mall (complete with an entire floor of gold sales).
We stayed on three seperate occasions during our Laos holiday and couldn't have been happier. Great helpful staff.

Room Tip: All rooms are large.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AllanRosemary
Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

This is not my first time to stay here but for those who are sensitive to noise, this is not a hotel that can block out sound, especially when there are parties, bands, karaokes that go all night til before dawn in the surrounding neighbourhood. It gets so loud that I have asked the Front Desk at 3:00 am to ask the drunken partygoers to keep it sown but the partying only got louder. Tried to move rooms to another location but all they could give me was another room in the outside and I could still hear the partying. It was two nights out of four that I could not sleep and was woken by noise. And I am still up at 4:15 am with no room. I will never come back.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business
2  Thank timmyluistro
SetthaPalaceHotel, General Manager at Settha Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.
I'm very sorry that your stay with us was so unpleasant because of the noise. The hotel was quite full that night and I regret that we could not transfer you to a quiet room within the hotel.
On rare occasions there are events in the city that go on much too late into the night.
We have lodged complaints with the village chief regarding this.

We have also installed a 2nd set of windows for the rooms that are facing the noise from the city. This has worked very well to greatly reduce the noise level that can be heard. Our next project will be to upgrade the seals around the room doors to further reduce the amount of noise that comes in from around and underneath the doors. I'm confident that we will eventually achieve a very high level of sound proofing for all the bed rooms.

Once again, I'm very sorry that your stay with us was not up to your expectations but I hope you will give us another chance and look forward to providing you with a better experience next time around.

Bon voyage!

Reviewed June 6, 2017 via mobile

We loved this hotel with its old world charm. The high ceilings and a feeling you were in another place and time. The rooms were large, spacious and welled appointed. The pool area was lush with lovely vegetation and very peaceful. The staff were extremely friendly and very helpful. The breakfast wasn't very extensive but adequate for the 4 mornings we were there. We didn't eat in the hotel for lunch or dinner because we like to find local restaurants with authentic Vietnamese food so cannot comment on the food other than breakfast. My only suggestion would be that the hotel might like to introduce a happy hour in the evenings to encourage people to at least drink at the hotel which may even lead to staying for dinner! The local beer outside was half the price! Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jeanette O
Reviewed May 21, 2017

We were welcomed with drinks and leis made from Dok Champa flowers or as we know them Frangipanis. The hotel was originally built in 1930 and was restored in the late nineties to its original splendour. It is a landmark colonial Hotel of Vientiane and lives up to the description given by the hotel itself of “a sophisticated blend of modern comfort and timeless elegance”. The staff are friendly, the rooms elegant and the facilities great. We had a beautiful dinner outside under the stars and fairy lights around the pool. The food was lovely, the staff attentive and the ambiance just delightful.

Room Tip: All rooms have beautiful high ceilings with lovely furnishings.
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business
2  Thank GirlsOnTourAustralia
Reviewed May 6, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here with a mission trip. Very nice hotel. Good pool. Nice rooms, doors had a little gap so those cute little lizards would come say "hi" every so often. They run when they see you so no big deal. Liked the "old colonial" feel of the hotel. Laid back and peaceful.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled on business