“Quality Service in Mercure Vientiane”
Review of Mercure Vientiane

Mercure Vientiane
Ranked #24 of 93 Hotels in Vientiane
Singapore, Singapore
“Quality Service in Mercure Vientiane”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

My stay in Mercure Hotel Vientiane was very pleasant with clean sheets daily and friendly front desk staffs. Though not all of them speak good English but they greet you with a smile. The restaurant and pool have been renovated with refreshing resort look. Daily international buffet breakfast includes nasi lemak and mee siam too sometimes. The hotel manager, Mr Salim is very helpful and friendly and if you need help to plan for sight-seeing or shopping, he is always ready to help you. I had a wonderful stay in Mercure and thank you, I will be back again soon!

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms are better and it comes with free internet
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I was very exited about my trip to Laos and was in trouble when selecting the hotel. I definately wanted to stay in an international hotel, so the only option was the Mercure.
I looked at the websited and checked the pictures and concerning the prices I thought it will be fine. I also so the many bad comment on trip advisor, but still decided to give a chance and let's book in Mercure. I was wrong...

My first impression was already horrible as soon as I arrived. The staffs didnt greet me, they could hardly speak english and the most imortant that the hotel's condition is just not what I was expected. My room was very old, 2 beds pushed together, the furnitures in a very bad condition. I didnt even would give a 3 Star Hotel for it. Internet was available for a 10 USD per day. No free internet in the hotel at all.

I just could not stay there so I decided to check out. First they tried to convince me by giving an upgrade to the newly renovated rooms on the top floor (which actually looks really nice and can't compare to the one they gave me), but I didn't want to stay there after so many negative experience in the first 30 minutes.

I have moved to the Vientiane Plaza hotel which is a new hotel, much bigger and decent, great location, friendly and english speaking staffs and even the prices are less then in Mercure.

Room Tip: Make sure you got a new rooms if you decide to stay there!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank feranora
MercureVientiane, Webmaster at Mercure Vientiane, responded to this review, November 4, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Mercure Vientiane for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry that it didn’t work out.

• Staff received additional training in the courteous way in which our valued guests are to be treated.

• Management was approached about providing free internet for our valued guests.

We take our reviews very seriously. I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again attempt to stay at Mercure Vientiane. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Vientiane hotels

Bromborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Disappointed in this hotel, more 3 star than 4. Definately need in renovation, felt quite grubby . Lot of noisy guests.. About 1 mile from the main area of the city. Restaurant was OK. Glad I only stayed one night.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WirralLady_10
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Mercure Vientiane for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you liked the restaurant.

• Management was reminded of their responsibility to see to it that our valued guests remember to be thoughtful of their fellow guests and keep their noise to a reasonable level.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Mercure Vientiane. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Paris, France
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Last time, I book with Tripadvisor, the Hoa Binh Palace in Hanoi, I was very happy. This time the hotel I wasn't. For the price i paid i felt ripped off, the room was very tired, twin beds pushed together came apart during the night, linen was dirty, the floor needed a good mop, gabage bins were filthy. Although the staff seemed to smile and say hello the care factor was just not there . The dining area serves a good breakfast with a some good choices for asia cuisine

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Mercure Vientiane for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast offered.

• Staff members received additional training in the courteous manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Not many places in town have a pool as respite from the heat and play place for little ones - lucky for Mercure Novotel. we booked a family room for 4 - we got a cramped, tired room with 2 single beds. When we pointed out the number on the reservation we were given a new room, with 3 single beds. The hotel was almost empty (wet season) but we were still put on the inoisy road side with double glazing that performed none of the normal functions of double glazing apart from having 2 layers of glass. We asked to move poolside but were told we would need to buy an extra bed at a price equal to what we had paid for the whole room. The staff were lovely and work hard to make a purse from a sow's ear, but it remains an ear.

Room Tip: if you have less than 3 in your paty, ask for poolside, its lovely
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Mercure Vientiane for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you felt our staff was, to use your word, lovely and that they worked hard to make your stay with us a nice one.

• Staff was notified of the compliment you paid them and received my personal commendation for the way that they treated you, our valued guests.

• Management was notified of your observance of the double glazing.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Mercure Vientiane. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Vientiane is a small place and the Mercure Vientiane (note: the hotel was renamed Mercure Vientiane the day I arrived, so don't look out for Novotel coz you won't find it) is located approximately between the airport and the middle of town.

Spacious rooms are simply furnished, but no in-room internet connection. However wifi is available at the Lobby area.

Pool & gym facilities available within hotel, tho they do seem under utlised. Noticed that most guests during my stay were there for business.

At it's price point, i would say the Mercure is value for money.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business