Rashmi's Plaza Hotel
Lao Plaza Hotel(Vientiane)
$151
$134
Agoda.com
All reviewsfree shuttleshuttle serviceroof top swimming poolpool restaurantnice hotelenglish skillsmodern facilitiesmekong riverbusiness triproom was largetuk tukshort stayreception staffwalking distancegymlaos
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Some friends and I stayed at Rashmi's Plaza for a couple of nights. The service was great and they were very happy to arrange for a van to drop us off and pick us up from our friend's house. All staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was a little lacking in choice, and seemed more suited for lunch or dinner than breakfast. The pool area was good and with a nice view of Vientiane and the Mekong River. The rooms were comfortable and clean. Unfortunately the hotel is alittle out of the main city area, so it isn't convenient to walk into town, however we were aware of that before we booked in and I was more than happy with the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Nilatsa S, Public Relations Manager at Rashmi's Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Dear Matt W,

Thank you for posting a review on tripadvisor for Rashmi's The Plaza Hotel. We are so happy to hear that you had a positive experience with us. We apologize to hear that you were not as content with the breakfast selection. However, we have taken that into consideration and have definitely broadened our variety. We try make sure that every guest has a comfortable stay according to his/her convenience. Once again, we would like to you thank you for taking out the time to comment on our services. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Just a quick review, we travel a lot and wouldn't normally bother with completing a review each time. The hotel was good, but the attitude of most of the staff was well below 4 star. We had consistent problems with the shuttle to and from town and found the driver/s to be both arrogant & intentionally ignorant.
I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone not fluent in the local tongue.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Vicki G,

Thank you for taking out the time to post a review on tripadvisor for Rashmi's The Plaza Hotel. First and foremost we would like to apologize for your negative experience with the shuttle service. We would like to update you and let you know that we have started to rectify these issues by having weekly breifings with the front desk staff and the drivers regularly. We are making sure we constantly encourage positive communication skills with all customers. This consistency has improved the staff and customer experience. We have also created a more efficient system for making sure all shuttle services are scheduled and catered to customers on time. The shuttle service now leaves every hour on the hour and can be booked by the customers in advance. This efficiency has amended any issues with timeliness. Once again, thank you for your feedback and constructive critisicm. We hope to see you in the near future for a more positive experience.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Needed to stay in a nice hotel as I was coming for a visa run. I knew there wasn't much in Vientiane so I wanted a decent modern hotel that I was comfortable in. The service was fabulous taking me to and from my hotel, room service was great, the room was really spacious and the bed was to die for! The restaurant is amazing! I had pumpkin soup which was great! You're presented with a free drink too! The swimming pool is lovely as well great for a nice swim!
Not cheap but certainly worth paying that little but more for a service as good as this!

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Clara B,

Thank you for your kind review on tripadvisor for Rashmi's The Plaza Hotel. We are ecstatic that you have fully enjoyed every part of our services and your stay overall. It is a pleasure to hear that we have catered to your amenities. All of our beds are Topper Mattress for the extensive comfort of our guests. We are also pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meals throughout the stay and will be sure to give these compliments to our chef. It was a pleasure to meet and serve you. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I have mixed feelings for Rashmi's Plaza Hotel. I will run over the positives and the negatives so you can see why :
POSITIVES :
- Gorgeous hotel, lavishly decorated with beautifully decorated & clean rooms.
- Very professional staff, always nicely presented & hospitable. Helpful also with arranging transport if required.
- Restaurant food was fantastic. Pricey, but as to be expected at that star level. Breakfast has a great choice & the service was always spot on.
- The gym... WOWEE this is one of the best gyms I have seen anywhere, it was so well equipped, it had every fitness machine known to man and every possible piece of equipment you could possibly require for your training. Sensational!

NEGATIVES (some of these tie in with the positives) :
- a good number of the staff spoke basically zero English which was surprising at this level of hotel.
- the location was quite a distance from the heart of things, so at least a half an hour walk and not easy getting a tuk tuk from there as they are not generally over that way, you had to get a hotel car or walk. I am happy walking, but I'm just making sure I don't forget anything!
- the business centre was a few desks near reception with two computers, I had to print a few things and they had no ink cartridge & didn't have a replacement either, so I had to go into town to print things off. Although one of the staff said to email it & they would print it, I couldn't email some of the stuff as it was weblinks, etc. which required explanation & the English was not the best, so it became too hard and I had many various things to print out.
- they advertise an exchange rate on a sign at the reception desk which made me think they were offering those exchange rates, but they won't actually exchange money. Most hotels even of 3 star level will assist you with exchanging small amounts of cash at the current rate.
- the hot water wasn't working in my room one morning & I was sitting in a robe waiting for someone to come look at it, in the end I had waited over half an hour & heard nothing, so gave up & had to go to breakfast so I didn't miss out. It was sorted by the time I got back.

It was overall quite a nice place to stay, it was really clean and the staff were very pleasant. The gym was simply amazing! The pool area is also gorgeous. It was only those few negatives that I had any issue with - most of them minor, but just frustrating little things. The two main things were the distance from everything and the lack of English speaking staff, but the rooms are really great & the beds super comfy.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Nilatsa S, Director of Sales at Rashmi's Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Hi Claire I,

Thank you very much for your nice review on tripadvisor for Rashmi's The Plaza Hotel.
Thank you again for your mention about our fitness I have shared this review with fitness team so they are very happy to hear that. About some of our staff spoke basically English, now we are training all of our staff to speak English as special that that staff zero English like housekeeping, security, etc.... Yes for our location is in the Business Land Mark zone of Vientiane but we are have shuttle every hrs from 0800 Hrs - to 2000 Hrs to and from City center

Once again thank you, we look forward to welcoming you again in near future.

Best Regards
Nilatsa
Sales & Marketing Manager
Rashmi's Tha Plaza Hotel Vientiane

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We checked into this hotel with friends from Chiang Mai,Thailand. The lobby was beautiful with views of the gardens. The wait staff at the hotel took care of all our needs and spoke English well enough to help us get around. The rooms were fabulous. King bed with temper foam mattress, large tub with TV, a surround shower with 6 nozzles, seating area by the window overlooking the garden with fresh fruit! We walked to a restaurant for dinner and came back to turn down service. The next evening, the hotel supplied the large air conditioned van to take us to another restaurant they recommended which was reasonable price and very good food. The breakfast buffet had everything you could imagine! The only down was the drink prices in the bar were a little high as were the restaurant dinner prices. Good wifi coverage as well!

Room Tip: Our room was $75/ night with agoda discounts
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Nilatsa S, General Manager at Rashmi's Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Dear Liz K,

Thank you for your kind words about Rashmi's The Plaza Hotel and thank you for sharing your experience with the online community. Yes all of our beds in the hotel is Topper Mattress very nice for our guests.
I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure to meet you and to serve you. All the best on your travels.

Best regards,