“vientiane city”
Review of Vientiane Tours

Vientiane Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: As an industry-leading tour operator, we provide quality, expertly-guided tours to Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam for both domestic and international clients. Our enthusiastic and friendly staff members are well-trained, highly experienced in Indochina travel, and ready to meet any of your travel needs. They are also multilingual, providing service in English, French and Chinese. In addition, our high customer service standards ensure that your trip to the Indochina region will be an amazing, unforgettable experience.
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I liked the beautiful temples all over the city ! Best to rent ( and negotiate a good price with the Taxi- tuk tuks ) They charge US$ 10 per hour which becomes the most expensive thing on my trip here. Food was mostly hot bowls of noodles ( for hygiene purposes ) the restaurants do overcharge for simple Fried Rice ( about US$ 5 which has nothing inside !) Also the Thai Papaya Salad was too spicy - do tell them you cannot eat spicy food (costs about US$ 7 ) Many restaurants offer free iced tea drinks ( seemed safe enough for me - didn't get food-poisoning .) There's a new " Swensen Ice- cream " & " Pizza Hut " ( or similar with a different name ) in the heart of the city - if you're looking for something Western . Many colonial French houses including the Carol Cassidy Laotian Weaving atelier , housed in an old French villa ! A nice small laid-back city - 3 - 4 days should be quite enough to explore everything .

5  Thank carrie951
There are newer reviews for Vientiane Tours

Reviewed April 7, 2012

I just came back from my Indochina survey trip. I was told there is not much going on in Vientiane... I have to say it changed a LOT. Apart of the normal sightseeing of the smallest capital in the world it has something else unique to offer: Carol Cassidy helped bring fame to Laos weaving. I visited her atelier and was impressed with creative designs, high quality craftsmanship and friendly atmosphere. Either Carol,her husband or her friendly Laos staff welcomes you and shows you around. Funny thing was , my guide did not suggest me this treasure. I highly recommend this visit, as you do not only learn about the ancient techniques of Laos weaving but also about the every day life of the Laos weavers.

7  Thank travelwithus888
Reviewed December 18, 2011

We recommend the Vientiane Stopover 4days/ 3 nights. The tour is short but long enough for you to take another journey. Laos is famous as a Buddhist country and very predictable that we saw many temples along the way and Buddha statues, monks almost everywhere. It’s very sacred that it looks like the country is blessed and it turns out to be likely the most peaceful place on earth. People live their life very simple and happy. The food in our tour was very awesome too. It’s not as complicated as the western dishes but carrying the spirits of Laos – lovely, peace of mind and tasty.

7  Thank inprazi
Reviewed November 30, 2011

We had a good vacation in Laos last week. The Surprise tours were all but a lot of sweet surprises. We think that we’ve felt in love with this friendly country already. This country is a layback for those who are fed up with the busy life. Even at the most fierce place in Ngum dam – the first dam in Laos that we still enjoy the rhythm of nature. We remember most about the evening at Ban Kern salt village, the scenic view of the endless salt fields was truly amazing.

3  Thank makbokau
Reviewed October 7, 2011

We made a last minute booking with Vientiane Tours company and luckily there were slots left for us. We were impressed with Nam Ngum lake in Laos, a big lake with thousands of small islands in the water. It was very nice enjoying Laos food in the restaurant next to the lake. The site of Vang Vieng is another highlight in our tour. There are statues of buddha everywhere, some stay hidden in the forest. We saw some of them under the tree at the edge of the forest. Personally I think this trip is a standard for Laos newcomers like us if you want to know something about Laos for real, seriously!

4  Thank MakaylaMorozov