“food so fresh”

Common Grounds Cafe and Bakery
Ranked #2 of 19 Coffee & Tea in Vientiane
Cuisines: Mexican, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A haven in downtown Vientiane that provides a welcoming environment and spaces for business meetings, relaxation and families; a variety of fantastic fresh food; great organic, fair trade coffee and sensational shakes, juices and desserts all made in our onsite kitchen and bakery.
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“food so fresh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

When I first stepped into the restaurant, I thought I was back in my hometown. Clean, modern, good air conditioning. Cute outdoor playground for children just outside the window so parents can still watch them as they sip their coffee. The best part was the food: so fresh and delicious. We had the chicken Greek pita with pina colada and mango passion smoothies. The pita was loaded with chicken and the bread was baked in-house. The pina colada had actual chunks of fresh coconut in it. It might be "expensive" compared to other laos restaurants, but I feel safe eating their food and I know the workers get paid a competitive wage. Definitely coming back here again!

• Visited February 2014

Crested Butte, Colorado
“Good fresh, standard bakery fare with a slant towards small kids.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

First off, we made the mistake of going on a weekend. There were carpet crawlers everywhere. Whcih was fine. If you like screaming children, squealing children, crying children, laughing children, children being themselves. It was mentioned in other reviews, so we should have shosen more wisely, but sad to say, we didn't and it definitley affected our experience. We would like to see it during the week, but our time was up too soon. Food was fresh and tasty. The tacos I ate were good, but more on Mexican later....If Mexican is your thing, skip it here and try the place called Ban Gai. My wife had a huge salad with fresh gilled chicken that was seasoned jusr right. It was a perfect compliment to a small but good tasting pita. Which was the only other negative for us.....portions were small, especially for the money. I could have easily eaten a 2nd plate of tacos, but that would have been an $11 meal....Fresh ingredients and a very modern atmosphere mean that prices are naturally higher, but we felt they shold make larger portions too. Overall, it was OK....anxious to see about the weekdays....Next time around!

• Visited December 2013
“Amazing for the childrens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

If you are travelling with the childrens from 0,6 to 10 and more - this place will be favourite because of a nice playground and many toys! For parents here are free wifi, air-con and perfect meal! I'm vegetarian, and here is wonderful veg.food!
Love this place:)

Vientiane, Laos
“Good food and friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

I have had lunch and breakfast at Common Grounds and the food has been good both times. The staff are Lao and the place is managed by two guys from Canada. Everyone is friendly and the setting inside is welcoming and there is even a play area for kids.

I had a late (2:30pm!) breakfast on the weekend and was very happy to hear that the breakfast burrito was still available.I paired this with a coffee which was very good. The cost for the burrito and coffee was 47,000 kip. The smoothies are also good! Definitely a place that I'd recommend.

• Visited November 2013
Luang Prabang, Laos
“Nice little spot”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

The mexican fair is good, but not outstanding, the venue itself has a nice spaceous feel and free wifi is available. I wouldn't rush back, but I would happily go again and try something else on the menu.

Visited September 2013