“Breakfast”

Le Banneton
Ranked #2 of 5 Bakeries in Vientiane
Cuisines: Deli, French
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: This bakery and cafe is the Vientiane, Laos, location of the "Le Banneton" in Luang Pra Bang, Laos, location that has already been set up in reviews.
Reviewed May 11, 2019

The croissants were delicious and paired with coffee. I had a slice of their cake and it was yummy..

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank Kevinonthego85
Write a reviewReviews (461)

Reviewed April 8, 2019 via mobile

Based on the reviews (and the price - we ate much better for the same price the previous day) I was expecting much more! Had the continental with tea (Lipton’s) and passion fruit juice (from a carton) and two croissants with jam. It was fine. My partner had the gourmand with eggs, bacon, baguette and a croissant. He was very full but said it was completely average. I’d have to agree.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 21, 2019 via mobile

We have been coming here for many years; often for lunch, when holidaying in Vientiane. This time we had accommodation that did not include breakfast. So we were here every morning for a Le Banneton brekkie. Actually, more of a brunch. Loved it. Simple but nourishing food with a French twist. Our only sadness, this wonderful establishment closes in a few weeks with the site to be redeveloped. Yes, a very similar establishment will open just down the road. But we happen to love Le Banneton as it is now. Some change is hard to take.

Reviewed March 18, 2019

We had just driven from Nong Khai to Vientiane but were too early to check into our hotel. A few doors up we found Le Banneton and three of us sat down to enjoy brunch.

Le Banneton has outside tables, so we sat there to enjoy the scenery and the passing pedestrian and vehicular traffic.

I ordered the smoked salmon with salad, but asked for it with a baguette rather than the menu-list croissant. It came with a huge basket of cut baguette, a savoury muffin, and a side fruit salad.

It was the perfect early morning meal to welcome us to Laos.

1  Thank David B
Reviewed March 6, 2019 via mobile

As I stated already in the title, it is worth going there, if you like whole wheat baguettes. The interior is simple. I go there frequently to get my filled baguettes as a take away.